My Each and Every First....

Kongpob's Pov---------

The first time I saw him.........

It was across the crowded lecture hall, and I couldn't look away.......... It had begun raining, and he was soaked to the skin. He plopped into a seat across the table from me, dropping his bag between his feet. He took off his glasses and attempted to dry them with the hem of his wet t-shirt, and laughed lightly at the wasted effort.

I reached into the bottom of my bag and pulled out a case containing my own glasses and stuff. I tapped on the table once to get his attention and offered a soft dry cloth to him, waving it a bit and pointing to my own glasses. He looked blankly at my outstretched hand, then to me and smiled, his dimples litrelly took my breath away. He nodded in appreciation and dried his glasses, then handed it back with another nod and smile. He mouthed the word 'Thanks' and I could have drowned in the depth of his hazel eyes. He seemed to shiver as he held my gaze, and although I hoped it was a reaction to me, it was probably just a chill from the rain.

The first time I heard his voice....... was a few days later, in the same lecture hall. He raised his hand to ask the professor a question, and the room went quiet. His words echoed, and after a momentary pause, the professor responded. He praised the thoughtful inquiry, encouraging the class to consider the possibilities, then answered in a way that left most of the class nodding. The only thing I registered was the warmth of his voice, and the heat that colored his face when he glanced sidelong at me. I had been caught staring, and all I could do was smile. I didn't flinch, and I was certain he smiled back as he focused his eyes back on his notes. A spark of hope bloomed in my chest......

Maybe.......

The first time he spoke my name....... was just after class that day, as we stood at the end of the corridor, watching clouds darken the sky once more. It was also the first time I touched him...... Our classmates filed out around us, bustling and annoyed as we nearly blocked one of the double doors until awkwardly shuffling aside. We stood there fiddling with our backpacks until we were alone, some anxious energy hanging between us, a fragile thing neither of us seemed to want to acknowledge.

"Kong........"

I said, to which he looked bewildered. I stuck my hand out and said it again.

"I am Kong........"

"As in King Kong.....??"

He asked, taking my hand in his.

I rolled my eyes, cursing silently.

"As in Kongpob..... And as in Moon"

He smiled at that.

"Arthit, As in Sun....."

He said with a mischievous grin.

"Nice to meet you, Kong....pob...."

I smiled, and felt his warm thumb graze my knuckles as we reluctantly released each other's hand.

"Where are you headed ??"

"I am done for the day"

I said, glad to have the afternoon free.

He nodded.

"Me too"

We walked across campus, comparing majors, home towns and living arrangements. We parted ways a block from my dorm building, and I watched him for a minute as he walked toward his own, slightly embarrassed when he caught me admiring the view of him from the back.

The first time we shared a meal....... was a week later. We left class and wandered toward a little restaurant just off campus. We slid into a corner booth, both of us gravitating towards the middle, less than an arm's length between us. It was closer than two guys would normally sit, bit neither of us shied away. We ordered lunch and talked about class, comparing opinions on the syllabus and our professor.