Merry Christmas

Kong’s POV --------

Looking out the kitchen window, I saw that the yard was covered in deep snow, and it was still snowing.

Would they be able to show up ??’

Dinner was almost done and they had a long way to drive. I looked over at Arthit, who had his glasses on, at the end of his nose, trying to read my mother’s recipe for pumpkin pie.

“They will be here, Don’t worry”

He told me quietly as he laid down the recipe card and started cracking eggs into a bowl.

“Yeah”

I sighed, again looking out the window. The light was starting to get low, so I went onto the porch to plug in the Christmas lights. They lit up the porch and the front yard in soft, twinkling white light. I revealed in its beauty.

Looking back through my life’s journey, I don’t regret the decision I had made and the hardships I had to go through to reach where I am, right now. I have my wonderful husband….. Arthit, A gorgeous daughter, A handsome son, and two amazing grandchildren, whom I was currently worried about getting safely here.

The door opened behind me and I looked over to see Arthit walking out. He was still so gorgeous, even at the age of 60.

He had aged very well. His chocolate hair was liberally streaked with silver, but still hung in silky waves to his ears. He had to wear glasses permanently now, but they were very modern wire rims, and they made him look distinguished and, yes, I still say it....... So Fucking hot. The day he got them, I swear I jumped at him three times.

I smiled at the memory of that day and he grinned, pulling me to him so he could hold me close.

“What are you smiling at, love”

He asked, kissing me on my temple.

“I was just thinking of the day you got these”

I answered, tapping the edge of his glasses. A bashful smile spread across his face, showing his cute dimples, I love the most and I gave him a soft kiss.

Our moment was interrupted by two sets of headlights slowly coming up the drive.

“They are here !!”

I nearly yelled, pulling away from Arthit to stand at the edge of the porch steps. He followed me, resting his hand on my lower back.

We stood and watched as our daughter, Angie, got out of the car, followed by our son in law, Jack. He waved before going to the side door and opening it, then he leaned in and came out with our two year old grandson, Matt. Angie came around the other side, carrying our four year old princess of a granddaughter, Mary. God...... she was an angel, and she loved the hell out of Arthit.

As they walked up toward the porch, I caught a glimpse of mine and Arthit’s son, Sam, holding the hand of a handsome boy we were informed was his boyfriend, and apparently, they were getting pretty serious.

Arthit and I were bombarded by hugs and kisses out on the porch, along with a lot of chatter I couldn’t understand. I ushered everyone into the house and it was chaos as everyone got out of their coats, hats, gloves, and scarves, and hung all of them on the rack by the door.

Naturally, the kids wandered into the kitchen, obviously intrigued by the delicious smells that were wafting around in there.

“Ooh, who’s cooking ??”

Angie asked, pushing her long, chocolate colored hair over her shoulder before opening the oven door to take a peek. Arthit walked by and smacked the back of her hand, causing her to let go of the oven door handle, so it closed. She stood up and glared playfully at Arthit.