I am here to Serve....

This chapter a prequel of one of my one shots  "Loved"
This chapter is a telling, How Arthit and Kong met, and how they start dating. In Loved, Kong was self concious about his worth in Arthit's Life, because he was mistreated by his own family and, disrespected in his toxic love relationships in the past. Meeting Arthit, changed his Outlook about life and himself.

🌞🌜🌞🌜🌞🌜🌞🌛🌞🌛🌞🌛🌞

Arthit's POV --------

Standing off to the side, I watched as he sat at the table, shoulders hunched and eyes cast down. I wondered why Kong was so upset because every time I’d seen or been around him in the past, he had a calm disposition and a gorgeous smile on his face.

At least once a week, Kong came into my restaurant for lunch and ordered the same non spicy, bland food. I don’t know if it was fate or the meddling hostess, Alice, who always informed me that all the waiters are busy right now and I have to serve him, myself. And I was happy to serve him, he was always friendly and he was so damn hot!! Over time we had built a great rapport and it wasn’t unusual for the two of us to talk about any number of things while I was serving. Occasionally I sat with him, during his lunch and enjoy his company.

Today, however, things were different. I walked over to his table and placed his drink in front of him. He didn’t even have to tell me what he wanted anymore. Murmuring a muffled  'Thank you'  he eyed the Cherry Coke, I made just for him. I don’t use the stuff from the can or fountain, I actually mix coke and grenadine syrup. I am kind of awesome like that and he deserves the best. My standard  'you’re welcome' was on the tip of my tongue, but I had to know what was wrong because his sadness seemed to be rubbing off on me. He was always a bright spot during my day and I couldn’t stand seeing him looking and feeling so crestfallen.

"Kong...."

I said tentatively

"What’s up ?? You seem kind of down"

Slowly he lifted his eyes to mine and my heart broke

"Nothing, Arthit. I’m alright, but thanks for asking"

Looking around, I sat down across from him quickly and leaned in

"Are you sure ?? If you need anything…"

"No...."

He interrupted

"Don’t worry. You’d better get back to work. I don’t want you to loose your costumers because of me"

I continued to look at him, hoping something would reveal itself so I could help my friend, but he kept it all locked away and hidden. Nodding, I stood and started to walk away. Just as I was about to pass him, I laid my hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently.

"If you need anything, Kong, even if it’s just to vent, I am here. I am a pretty good listener, you know"

I smiled at him, flashing my dimples because that always seemed to make him smile just a little bit brighter in the past, but today he gave me a half-hearted quirk of the lips and a nod of his head. Letting go of his shoulder, I continued with my work, but made sure to keep an eye on him.

As I was helping some other customers, I noticed a man sit across from Kong. Something immediately told me he was trouble. He just looked…mean, not someone Kong would associate with. I continued to watch as the dark-haired man leaned closer and spoke. Kong’s already broken body language seemed to crumble even further. He lowered his head and trembled. It took everything in my power not to run over there. As casually as I could, I walked towards Kong’s table.