56 || Head Above Heart

Song: Song: A.CHAL - 000000 (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Alessio

I hated fruity drinks and the shit Greta was pushing towards me, made me want to strangle her until her green snake eyes turned lifeless. But instead I just smiled politely and moved them to the side.

She liked it when I was nice.

So much so that I got her to convince Arnold to push the closing of the deal to the end of the month. But I needed it done faster.

Nico wasn't very patient and in order to give him Arnold I needed to slowly take all his power away.

Right now the man was untouchable. Even though Arnold had a knack for pissing off the wrong people, he had his money and connections backing him up.

He was a liability to his Company but he was still the main shareholder. If he were to disappear right now there would be too much backlash.

I first needed to take his business from under his feet and him signing that contract meant he was signing over half his company. With another clause in the contract stating that should something to happen to him, all his shares would go to the next biggest shareholder.

Me.

Once the deal is finalized, no one will bat an eye when the old man goes missing. And the ones that would, wouldn't be important enough to worry about.

Nico will get Arnold, Greta will be out of the picture, I'll be a couple billion richer and most importantly, Giana will be safe.

Which was why these little events with Greta were worth it. I had spent my afternoon visiting various places in Miami with the sole purpose of taking pictures of our 'couples trip' and sending them to Arnold.

It was my last shot at getting him to push this deal and if this didn't work, I would be forced to resort to a more unconventional approach.

And that was a risky idea in itself.

But then again, this whole thing was risky and I had realized the stress of it all was finally getting to me.

I had never had a problem with getting things done before, especially when it was business. But that was also before the one person I cherished the most's life was on the line.

It's been making me... anxious. And I had realized that I've been feeling this way for a while, Giana's life was on the line and I couldn't fuck it up.

It has seemed that Giana had a bigger affect on me than I thought. I've never depended on another person, craved the company of another person beyond the need for a release. But I've quickly realized that Giana is the one person that makes me question whether I really want to be alone in life.

I want to be alone with her.

She's my person.

Of course she drives me mad, and her behavior on this trip just proved it. It had gotten to the point where-without realizing- her behavior had led to my explosive episode towards her this morning.