6| Game of prey

Chapter six

The three daughters chuckled after their mother's words. They were truly satisfied by her decision to keep you. You, on the other hand, braced yourself for whatever happened next and fought the pain you were in.

"Now, take her to the chamber maids quarters. Y/n, I don't keep track...but in the cellar you shall find all kinds of instructions and lists laying about down there. My challenge to you is...find out which ways you think would be the best to please us." said the tall lady, her sinister smile still lingering.

You felt Daniela grab your wrist along with Bela, Cassandra hovered close behind. The feel of the girls grabbing your wrists caused you to thrash around out of fear, "Wait! I'm in pain I can't....I may not do well." you yelled as the girls pulled you.

Lady Dimitrescu turned to face the mirror, admiring her reflection. "Oh but you will try your best, y/n. After all....we are famished and will soon be...parched. What shall it be? You or your meal?" the mistress laughed deeply, the door closing slowly as you were being dragged by the three bloodsucking daughters.

You fought to stand but the three girls held a firm grip on you as they made their way quickly underground and to the castle where the chamber maids rooms were.

Once you got there they let go of you. You observed the room, it was less decorative than the rooms above and looked most like some sort of dungeon. There was a small bed in the corner which was unkept and rather grimy. Chains were connected to the wall by the bed along with cuffs in order to hold a person still. There was also a window in the farthest corner of the room. It was was too small for a body to fit through, you thought, but gave way to a decent amount of light. Beside it rested a shattered mirror.

"This is where you'll sleep," giggled Daniela as she flew around the room, "If you want a clean bed and clothes you'll have to wash them yourself. Everything else is listed on the wall." hummed Bela as she placed the tip of her sickle against the worn out pieces of paper nailed to the wall.

You tried to stay alert while paying attention to Bela. You walked over towards the closet and opened it. On metal hangers were three long black dresses with exposed openings that stopped at the shoulders, followed by long sleeves. The ends of the sleeves had white ruffled cuffs. The white half-aprons hung next to the dresses. All uniforms were in different sizes, two very large dresses and one small with little nicks on the sleeves.

"These are the uniforms?" you asked while examining the smallest dress. Cassandra appeared behind you, standing way too close, "Oh don't tell me you don't like them." she said sarcastically.

You turned around immediately, seeing Cassandra glaring at you in your face, her eyes scanned your body. "No it's.." You then stopped, wondering if it would matter, asking why the chest area of the dresses were very exposed. "-nothing." you finished, shutting the closet.

You stared back at the shoulder line of the dress, gently rubbing your own shoulders without noticing, "How else are we to grab a quick bite?" asked Bela. Her words hit you, like she answered the question in your mind.

Even if it were possible she could read your thoughts, you got it out of your head immediately, you had to focus. You closed the closet and looked at the three of them, "So what do I do now?" you asked, inhaling deeply.

The three bloodsucking girls looked at each other and began to laugh wildly at your question. Suddenly Daniela disappeared in a swarm of flies, followed by Bela. They both exited the room, leaving Cassandra who slowly began to fade into flies as well, "You might want to start dinner...I'm an early eater." laughed the black haired girl before fading out the door.