18| Vital fluids

Chapter eighteen

"In that box there are miniature towelettes. Mustn't sleep with lips stained red, it'll make a mess of the fabric." she informed before closing her eyes.

You kept your stare before blinking a few times, choosing to ignore your nervousness and confusion. You began to wonder if you were slowly losing your mental the longer you stayed in the castle, being toyed with. 'Focus.' You opened the small, decorative container, seeing a small brush and comb inside as well. You removed a towelette and raised it up to your lady's lips.

"I'm going to wipe it off now."

The lady opened her eyes immediately, watching you while you began to wipe her lipstick along with the specks of wine that were carelessly on her lips.

You started from one corner of the lady's mouth to the other. Subconsciously, your eyes glanced up at your mistress, seeing as she continued to watch your eyes.

You quickly averted her stare, getting the rest of the lingering color off her lips.

Once you were done you pulled away, setting the towelette on your lap. "You know-" hummed the lady as you reached for the gold, sculpted brush, "I told you my girls wouldn't be cutting into your flesh for blood any longer." she said as she side eyed your hand as you began to brush her hair from the back.

"Yes, I remember." you confirmed her words before glancing at her expression when watching your hand, which made you pull back slightly, wondering if you made a mistake.

Maybe you ruined her curls.

"I'm-I'm sorry...do you not-" your words stammered before she interrupted, "You're doing well. I would've told you to after you finished my lipstick, but you're picking up nicely on your own...I always curl my hair in the mornings." she reassured as you then continued to brush through her dark strands, nodding once to show you understood.

"Now, I don't believe you really comprehend what I meant earlier," lulled the now eager lord.

You brushed her hair from the front, her dark strands of hair falling just at her shoulders. Her locks were soft and darker than raven feathers.

"You are solely mine...to drink from, whenever I wish. You will allow it. And you will not become an obstacle for me in the process. Do you understand?" asked Lady Dimitrescu, though it was clearly a demand.

You began to brush her hair slower than before, watching as her strands of hair began to fall in front of her ghastly face.

You caught sight of her yellow optics through her hair, seeing as they remained fastened to yours.

The look of her alone made your chest tighten, you could've sworn her stare was meant to latch on to your soul. She remained still and unwavering. You thought about living day to day with the unknowing of when your flesh would be cut into with the intention of devouring.

It would be no different than before and maybe it was never meant to be anything other than that, besides, you well knew you had no say in the matter.

You didn't smile or make any expression as to keep your emotions on the inside like you planned, but you kept your eyes on hers, which by now were becoming intensely dark, "Yes miss. I will...always do as you say."