24| Red flowers & hearts at bloom

Chapter twenty four

The time for guests was around the corner. The thought-however-had no longer left you in a nervous wreck. Instead, as uncommon as it were, the company of the Dimitrescu daughters helped calm you.

After multiple adjustments made to your outfit, you then exited Lady Dimitrescu's en suite, extending your arms outward, slowly turning in front of the three girls who stood with their thoughtful gaze on you.

"Looks better, you think?" you asked with uncertainty. It was another case of your overly-self consciousness that peeked the Dimitrescu daughters helpful eye.

Instead of your hair down, you had it pinned into a bun now. And the open-cleavage part of the dress was covered with a shawl, borrowed from Lady Dimitrescu's closet.

Cassandra stood with brows furrowed in displeasure, her head shook while she stroked her chin with doubt, "Hideous. I say remove the sweater thing."

"Perv," hummed Bela, "I think she looks fine, it is rather modest."

Cassandra struck a harsh glare towards Bela, clenching her lips together in anger.

"I meant the sweater doesn't go with the dress, idiot...it's red."

"Cassandra, you? A styling expert all of a sudden?" muttered Daniela.

"Want me to hit you?" bawled Cassandra in her younger sisters face.

Daniela shrunk back as Cassandra raised her sickle, threatening to strike her.

"A-agh!" you cried through your teeth. You were bent at your knees, struggling to keep from folding into yourself.

"What is it maiden?!" queried Daniela, fear lingered in her words, which was often rare for her.

"I...could've sworn my cramps were gone..." you muttered in thought.

You rubbed at your hips, pressing down near your ovaries. Your eyes fell wide in shock, by this time your period often times vanished or became spotting. Nonetheless, pain was usually something uncommon being this far into the month as you now were.

Cassandra and Bela gave each other a brief, suggesting look at each other which you swiftly noticed.

"What is it?" you questioned their reaction, sighing in subtle relief as the pain seemed to fade. Their reactions puzzled you, but what you then noticed was what they might say or do if they knew you were still bleeding. And here you were, undergoing severe menstrual cramps in front of three, heavy blood drinkers.

Did Miranda's workings truly aid their unsteady thirst for your blood? You weren't willing to test it.

"Nothing-" blurted you and Cassandra.

"-it's just a stomach...ache." you finished, though you furrowed your brow, curious as to why Cassandra and Bela ignored your question, hiding their own thoughts as well.

Bela then strode over to you, her fingers twiddling together in eager thought, "Listen, y/n...we know you're still...bleeding,-"

Being as you've had more of a fight with Cassandra when it came to any of them fulfilling their blood cravings, you glanced at her, seeing as she began to tamper with one of Daniela's dolls which she earlier claimed to detest, now giving it more attention than the talk of her favorite subject, blood.