11| Afraid to lose early

Chapter eleven

Lady Dimitrescu glared at the smaller male, "My girls are sharper than your failed, mechanical experiments and beasts combined." scoffed the woman.

"A better match for capturing a male with hormones raging, live, blood throbbing, running through his veins. If he is in my home, he shall be found and dealt with directly." she finished.

'So he's experimenting too..' you thought to yourself before continuing to listen in.

While you listened to their conversation, your eyes darted to the large front doors of the castles entrance you were by. Instantly it hit you.

'Why did I not try to open the doors and escape when I got in here?' You thought as you scanned the room briefly.

They were right there, and possibly open. No way a castle like this would keep their doors locked by key from the inside. You could leave the village and get help, sure you could possibly die from freezing or from one of the many creatures roaming the area, but it had to be better than here right?

Heisenberg looked away, inhaling deep and sighing loudly as if he were tired of the woman's conversation, "Yeah yeah, save it for Miranda." Heisenberg paused in thought, raising a brow.

"Wait a minute.." he mumbled, "If your daughters are so immaculate in their hunt and your ghouls are protecting your chambers and outer castle as well as you say, why would you need any of my lycans?" he asked, suddenly confused and yet intrigued.

Lady Dimitrescu looked away once he asked the question. You watched as she walked straight ahead towards the door on the other side, facing it. From there you could see her backside, but you couldn't see Heisenberg, his figure was hidden behind the vase you were behind. However, you knew that if the lady turned around, she would definitely see you, so you readied yourself for anything.

The tall mistress fiddled with her fingers and pursed her lips as if she were being interrogated and pressed to out some important information she desperately wanted to keep hidden. "I just need a few hundred of your mangy beasts, is that so hard to give me?!" she yelled quickly, "Why must you question me?"

The woman's words and actions only made Heisenberg display an amused grin. He then began to stroke his chin, only slightly.

"You're asking for a fucking army!" he laughed, crossing his arms, "The ceremony doesn't start until Miranda calls it. She hasn't warned us of any threats or says we need to bulk up on soldiers so why.....why would you possibly need any of my lycans?"

'Lycans? Those were the beasts attacking the village?'  you presumed.

Lady Dimitrescu slowly began to ball her fists as he spoke, her anger getting the best of her for some reason. "I don't have to explain myself to you." she bickered before turning around to face him.

Your eyes widened as she now faced near to your direction. You pressed yourself as much as you could against the wall while watching her.

"Uh, hello?! My Lycans? My business. I would say you at least owe me a little explanation. Maybe I could help even...come on, Alcina." he argued.

Your hands clenched in anger every time the man spoke.

"I've acquired some new property. I think it may be of high value. I...wish to protect it." she said as she lifted her head, placing her hands at her hips.

"Okay? What is it?" asked Heisenberg, squinting his eyes in curiosity.

"Nothing you'd have an interested in. This item is of personal value..." she sighed as if she were annoyed and wanted to be done with the conversation already.