30| What is one human to you anyway?

Chapter thirty

"Alright enough, we're coming in y/n!" shouted Bela.

The three girls pressed on the double doors with heavy force until they flew wide open.

"Oh dear.." whispered Daniela.

Three blood stained mouths fell open in a sudden state of shock.

You couldn't hear them, nor the sound of wood slinging open. Instead the constant ringing of a sharp metals blow, the splitting and the occasional snagging of torn flesh rattled your ear drums.

I-Is he... Did...I just—

A firm, yet gentle hand then rested upon your stiff shoulder. You flinched out of your thought, spotting Bela beside you, she kept her eyes on Ethan's butchered form.

"Is he dead?" asked Cassandra curiously.

Daniela began to laugh manically, "Oh no, I think he is."

I-I didn't even do that much.. did I?

Ethan hung in a slumped position. His chest had taken twice the damage as before and his face which was only lightly scratched, now had deeper cuts that dragged through his eye and cheek which began to ooze puss.

Bela inched closer to the mans body, placing two of her chilled, pale fingers against his neck.

A moment went by..

"Well I found a vein, and..." she waited slightly longer, "There it is, a pulse. A weak one, but he's definitely alive."

"Oh...alive, well, I guess that's good?" you asked, nearly baffled and surprisingly disappointed.

It wasn't so clear to you in the moment but somehow you felt halfhearted in his state of consciousness. You looked down at the blood-soaked sickle once again, wondering how far should you have gone.

"Not really," replied Cassandra, "But it doesn't matter, you messed him up pretty bad, which is pleasing. He'll die sooner or later anyway."

Bela grabbed your shoulders, nudging you gently towards the double doors while Cassandra managed to swiftly sneak her sickle away from your weak hold. A grin graced her salivating lips. She licked the sickle clean, taking occasional hungry glances at Ethans body.

"Now we must get out of mothers room, quickly now," Bella hummed with urgency. Daniela and Cassandra followed loosely behind.

"Right," you agreed, looking around frantically. It was the nerves from the brutal moment before and the fear of now possibly getting spotted.

Hurting another to where weapons were involved until bloodshed, seemed like it would have been a feeling of guilt verses your past thrill of rough fun and the occasional beating a nose in until it bled. But in fact, for you, both scenarios felt no different.

Your father often challenged himself to see how far he could go in situations like these. It was something you too seemed to exercise, most times subconsciously.

You looked down at your sleeves soiled in blood. You felt adrenaline only, a rush of clear sensory and somewhat, relief. Your hands trembled and your fingers curled as you took a closer look at you finger nails, stained a dark red.