just tutoring (53)

Y/N's PoV

“KAGAMI! I’m home!” Zain’s voice echoed through the halls of his home.

“Is she not here?” I asked, tired of his yelling.

“I am, I just don’t share my brother’s need to yell,” Kagami came out of nowhere and gave me a weird smile. Kinda scary not gonna lie.

“Umm well, I’m-”

“Y/N? Yeah, I already knew. Nice to meet you, my name is Kagami as you may or may not already know,” Kagami extended a welcoming hand which I took. Very polite but kind of robotic.  

“It’s nice meeting you Kagami,” She stepped back as she let go of my hand.

“Yeah, well I’ll leave you be. Don’t do anything that would ruin our family’s reputation,” Once again Kagami gave me one of her weird smiles. I think she was trying to make a joke so I decided to laugh a bit. Just to be polite.

Kagami left and I turned back to Zain. 

“Sorry about her, she is our family’s pride and joy. In other words, our mother went out of her way to turn her into a perfect robot with little to no social ability.” Zain spoke as if it was nothing new, just life.

“Well… I get that…” I say quietly more for myself than for Zain to hear.

We focused on tutoring today, no flirting, no playing, just tutoring.

I got a couple of text messages from Adrien and Luka, mostly just them checking up on me.

“Well I think that’s enough for today,” Zain closed the book and looked at me.

“Yeah, I think so too,” We cleaned up and he drove me home.

Nothing much happened for the rest of the day. I watched the news in the movie room and they were all talking about what this break from akumas could mean. ‘Was Hawkmoth planning something big?’ ‘Are our heroes prepared?’ ‘Why have our heroes been doing so much patrolling? Do they not trust the authorities?’ ‘Has Hawkmoth been beaten?’ ‘Are we safe?’.

Everyone was freaking out, and it was starting to freak me out.

“You know, we have beaten him countless times before, We ARE prepared,” I heard a familiar voice come from behind.

“Chat?...”