SE 1: EP 1 ― The Team

2013 ― The Bus

2013 The Bus

The following day, Grant Ward and Audrey Fury made it to the airfield to take off in their new S.H.I.E.L.D. aircraft called 'The Bus,' and it would be their new home for the time being. The Bus had everything they needed to operate as agents and everything they needed for a comfortable living space. Audrey's dad went all out for them since Coulson did die.

"Your dad never fails to impress me," Grant said as they walked onto the Bus. He had a single duffle bag in his hands, but he also offered to carry Audrey's luggage for her. He was wheeling her suitcase while Audrey carried her duffle bag.

"You didn't have to carry my luggage, Grant. I was more than capable." Audrey said, and he laughed.

"I know, but I wanted to. It was the gentlemanly thing to do." He said, and Audrey rolled her eyes. Then they saw a cart filled with luggage and heard two voices going back and forth. "Geez, and I thought you brought a lot with you." He said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch it! That's the night-night gun!" They heard a male Scottish accent protest.

"Well, it's on my stuff, and it doesn't work. And there's no way I'm calling it the night-night gun." A female British accent responded.

"The bullets work. Nonlethal, heavy stopping power, break up under the subcutaneous tissue...-" They would've continued going back and forth with each other, but Grant dropped his duffle bag on the ground, which caused a large thud. The two immediately stopped bickering and looked at the two agents.

"Fitz-Simmons, I'm assuming?" Audrey asked.

"Fitz." The girl said as she pointed to the guy.

"Simmons," Fitz responded as he pointed to her. "I'm engineering; she's biochem. Agents Ward and... Fury, what an honor." Fitz said, and Audrey smiled a little.

"Coulson said we'd need our comm receivers encoded. I don't know if you've worked with that model before." Grant said as he and Audrey handed their comms over to Fitz. "It's...-" Grant cut himself off when he saw Fitz smashing them. "...-Brand new."

"He'll repurpose the I.D.I.S. chip," Simmons said.

"Don't need the external receiver for the inner-ear comms anymore," Fitz said.

"So, uh, how does it...-" Audrey was cut off by Simmons walking up to her and sticking a swab in her mouth; she ran it along Audrey's cheeks and gums.

"Embedded sensorineural silicone matched to your D.N.A. It's very posh." Simmons said. Then she grabbed another swab and did the same thing to Grant. "So, are you excited about coming on our journey into this mystery?" She asked them.

"It's like Christmas," Grant responded, but Audrey could tell he was being sarcastic. Simmons didn't pick up on it because she walked away right after she asked the question. Then they heard a car screeching, and when they turned around, a red car was pulling into the plane next to the black S.H.I.E.L.D. truck that was already there.