SE 1: EP 22 ― Beginning of the End

2014 ― Cuba

2014 Cuba

"Could sure use a little light in here," Coulson said. Audrey was not mentally prepared to fight, but she knew she had to pull herself together enough to survive, but she wasn't doing well. Every time she got too still, or the silence got too loud, flashes of Grant's betrayal, along with flashes of their relationship, kept running through her head, and it was too overwhelming to see the good alongside the bad because it made the good hurt so much worse.

"Got it." Trip said. He turned on a light that he had and threw it on the ground so they could see the threat they were up against a bit better.

"So, who do we talk to about getting a haircut?" Coulson asked.

Audrey and Trip immediately started firing their weapons. As they fought off the soldiers, Sky activated the trojan horse, and May ended up taking the staff from one of the soldiers, and she used it to bring the foundation down, so they didn't have to fight for long. Audrey saw Trip was on the ground, so she ran over and helped him up as they all got out of the building.

"Skye, did you get to activate it?" Audrey asked, and Skye nodded her head.

"We're all good."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"The Trojan Horse worked. It gave us access to the system we wanted." Skye said when they were back on their plane, and Audrey was helping Trip with his injuries. She was just patching him up. "Our secret weapon. We have eyes on their operation, right in the palm of my hand." She said.

"We'll need more than eyes to defeat Garrett." Trip said.

Then Coulson walked in where they were, but he was silent, and he had a dejected look on his face. "What is it?" May asked.

"Fitz-Simmons' tracker crossed the ocean. It's in New Mexico." Coulson said.

"They managed to tag the plane?" Audrey asked.

"It appears so, but they're not answering," Coulson said. Audrey and Skye both shook their heads.

"No..." Audrey said. She was thinking in her head; Grant wouldn't do that, would he? He spent over a year with their team; there had to have been real moments to him. He wouldn't kill them, would he?

"We can't think about that right now. They may have been captured. Either way, they risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know exactly where Garrett is, and Skye can see what he's doing. If Fitz and Simmons are still alive, then catching Garrett is our only shot at finding them."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"We only get one shot at this, so let's go over the plan one more time to make sure we're clear on exactly what we're doing, okay?" Coulson said as they were all gearing up for when they landed. Audrey knew she was the most unreliable factor, and she thought about sidelining herself. She knew she couldn't be objective.