SE 2: EP 1 ― Shadows

2015 ― On Mission

2015 On Mission

three months later

The team was out on another mission. In the last three months since rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D. a lot of things have changed. Skye was now an active field agent, and Audrey took over as her S.O. The girls had bonded very closely after everything that happened. Skye had been a big support system for Audrey as she processed her feelings about Grant's betrayal and was still rethinking the last decade of her life. They have Grant locked up in The Vault of the Playground, they use him to get intel on HYDRA. Most of the time, he refuses to talk.

Another new change was that Sharon Carter had been added to the team. After the Triskelion fell and she went her separate ways from Steve, Sam, and Natasha; Fury reassigned her to Coulson's team. She was now Audrey's new field partner, Skye was with Trip, and May was also with them on their mission.

"We've got ears on them; the package is in the open," Skye said.

"Don't engage until the deal is done," May responded.

"Copy that," Audrey said.

"Trip, you got eyes?" Sharon asked. He had a tablet in his hand and he fired up the camera to see the deal that was going down.

"Now we do," Trip said. An undercover S.H.I.E.L.D. agent was trying to sell a Hydra weapon that was recovered by Peggy Carter and the remaining Howling Commandos after the war that Steve and Bucky had both presumably died in. Another man, Lance Hunter, was undercover with this agent, he was posing as the buyer. When Sharon, Audrey, and Hunter first saw each other, they were all shocked. After divorcing Bobbi, Hunter didn't think he'd ever run into her friends again, but then he said he should've known.

"What are they buying from him?" May asked.

"Intel, not hardware," Trip said.

Then everything took a turn. An unaccounted-for person came into the building and stole the file they needed. Firing off shots on him didn't work. After he escaped with the file, that's when Audrey, Sharon, and Skye intervened. Audrey shot the person trying to sell the intel with her icer, and then they were faced with Hunter and Agent Hartley.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Agent Hartley asked.

"Who was that?" Another agent asked.

"A third party," May said as she approached them.

"A party is what you would call that?" Hunter asked.

"He's gone! 25-foot drop," Trip said.

"This was supposed to be an undercover operation. Do you want to explain why you're shadowing us?" Hartley asked.

"We were your backup... which clearly, you needed," Audrey responded.

"Yeah... so did he," Hunter said as he looked at the guy Audrey shot. Then the agents heard sirens wailing in the distance. Hartley got on the phone, most likely calling Coulson.