SE 2: EP 7 ― Writing on The Wall

2015 ― Pennsylvania

2015 Pennsylvania

Grant escaped from federal custody and his brother was covering it up, while Sharon, Bobbi, May, Hunter, and Audrey were working to bring him back in. At first, Coulson didn't want to let Audrey go, she was too close to it, but Audrey reminded them that if they wanted Grant to come peacefully, she was the only one who would be able to convince him to do so, which May agreed to, so Coulson let her go.

Audrey was stationed with Trip in Pennsylvania, at a bus terminal and they noticed that Grant walked in. "Triplett here. Fury and I have eyes on the prize. I've got a clear shot and a trigger finger that needs some love." Trip said.

"No... let me talk to him, I can talk him down," Audrey said.

"No, both of you. Stand by and wait for your orders." May said. They watched as he walked over to a locker and opened it up, and then he pulled a duffle bag out. Audrey figured in that bag was probably a passport, money, and an untraceable phone. And she knew that because she had multiple duffle bags filled with the same things in different locations in case she ever needed to disappear.

All spies do.

"Director, say the word and I can end this." Trip said.

"The senator wants him alive," Coulson said.

"What do you want?" May asked.

"Bring him in. By any means necessary." Coulson said.

"Copy that." Trip said as he reached for his gun, but Audrey stopped him.

"No... let me talk to him. We all know that Grant isn't going to hurt me. If I can get him to let his guard down, it could make arresting him easier." Audrey said. When Grant walked back out of the bathroom, he had a hat on, and he opened up his jacket so Audrey and Trip could see he had an explosive strapped to him.

"Damn, I don't know how, but he knows we're onto him. He's got a dead man's switch and enough C-4 to take down the block. He's on the move." Trip said.

"Do not engage. He's not bluffing." Coulson said.

"Screw this," Audrey muttered before she walked out of hiding. She walked over to one of the lockers, because she also had things hidden in Philly, and she grabbed one of her duffle bags. It was a fake one that didn't have any luggage, she just stuffed it with pillows to make it seem full. In all of her storage lockers, she has a duffle bag filled with things needed to help her disappear, and another fake duffle bag, for scenarios just like this one.

Trip watched her grab a bag and then she followed outside after Grant.

"Audrey!" Trip exclaimed. "Sir, Audrey's about to follow him onto that bus, do you want me to stop her?" Trip asked.

"Negative. Agent Fury knows what she's doing. Keep an eye on the sky. May, have Agents Morse and Carter positioned at the next stop. If we can't bring him in, at least we can see where he's going." Coulson said.