SE 1: EP 3 ― The Asset

2013 ― Sterling, Colorado[song fits the most with audrey and grant's conversation in the final scene of the chapter]

2013 Sterling, Colorado
[song fits the most with audrey and grant's conversation in the final scene of the chapter]

Grant Ward and Audrey Fury were currently in the training room.

The Bus had been restored, and the team was back in business. Grant and Audrey also loved sparring with each other. Grant threw out a punch, which Audrey blocked before she came at him with a kick. Grant grabbed her ankle and flipped her onto the ground. They were sparring while Grant was waiting for Skye so he could begin training her. Grant helped Audrey off the ground, and he looked at her.

"Ready for that conversation now?" He asked, and Audrey shrugged her shoulders.

"Better to have it now before we're pulled into another mission," Audrey said. Grant opened his mouth to speak, but then Skye came down the stairs that led to where they were.

"To be continued," Grant said to Audrey, and she nodded her head. Then Grant turned to Skye. "You know, you're late." He said.

"I'm tired from the morning's workout. I thought I was joining S.H.I.E.L.D., not 24-hour fitness." Skye said, and Audrey laughed.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. is 24-hour fitness," She responded.

"It's called relative strength training, starting with the basics, and next time, you do 15 push-ups for every minute you're late," Grant said as she was properly wrapping Skye's wrist.

"Fine, Mr. Fun Machine," Skye said.

"You're lucky. 15 push-ups are gracious compared to what our punishment was for being late when we were at the Academy." Audrey said.

"Well, it's better than pull-ups. I don't ever want to do another pull-up again." Skye said.

"If you find yourself hanging off the edge of a building 20-stories up, you're going to want to do at least one," Grant said. Audrey grabbed her water bottle and knocked Grant on his shoulder.

"I'll leave you to it, S.O.," Audrey said as she headed for the stairs.

"It's always fun kicking your ass, Rey," Grant said, and Audrey rolled her eyes.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Ward."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

After Audrey left and they had gotten into their training, Grant was telling Skye how every Agent has had their defining moment. Where they've had to make a hard call and live with the consequences, and he told her that if she wanted examples, she could ask Coulson or Audrey. Although he knew what Audrey's defining moment was, he knew she most likely would not share it with Skye.

"So, what's yours, Agent Ward?" Skye asked.

"Ten minutes." He said. He avoided the question and was telling her to focus on the task at hand.