SE 2: EP 4 ― Face My Enemy

2015 ― The Bus

2015 The Bus

May and Coulson were on a covert op mission, while everyone else was on comms. During their mission, May and Coulson ended up turning their comms off. They were undercover at a high-end party, and since they turned off their comms, the rest of the team had no choice but to wait until Coulson needed something. They were still on The Bus.

"Nice work out there. Do we get to keep the scooter?" Hunter asked when he joined Skye, Audrey, Trip, Sharon, and Fitz in the Command Room.

"Nice work, yourself, though it didn't look like you were suffering too much," Skye said.

"While Rey and I were babysitting an empty plane. How is this fair?" Trip asked.

"It's weird. Women just like me... always have. Never understood it. Must be a magnetism thing, I guess. Who can explain it though?" Hunter asked.

"I think I'd rather choose Trip," Audrey said as she winked at her best friend. Skye, Sharon, and Trip laughed while Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Are you still punishing me for shooting you or for Bobbi?" Hunter asked.

"How about we call it a little bit of both," Audrey said making Sharon laugh more.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't get it either," Skye said.

"You hear that? Both of you, if I wanted someone to take jabs at me, I'd still be married," Hunter said. Mack, Sharon, and Audrey all rolled their eyes.

"Hmm, not this story again. Can we not?" Mack asked as he entered the room.

"Oh, no, I think we can," Skye said.

"I first met her on a spring night. She was on the pier facing the Outer Banks, the moonlight glinting off her face. She resembled a goddess. Of course, that was her cruel trick," Hunter said.

"Watch it," Audrey snapped.

"Hey guys," Coulson's voice came through on comms.

"Best timing ever," Audrey said. She was not in the mood to hear Hunter bitch about Bobbi... again.

"Oh, decided to come back online, did we?" Skye asked.

"Talbot's here," Coulson said.

"Talbot, Talbot?" Skye asked.

"What the hell is he doing there?" Audrey asked.

"No idea. All that matters is our cover's at risk. So I'm calling an audible. We're not gonna wait until later to get the painting. We're gonna get it now," Coulson said. From beside him, May nodded.

"I'll take point."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

May was speaking to the host of the Gala, Gabriel Soto, while the rest of the team was listening through the comms. "Well, I just think it's so admirable what you're doing for that poor church that burned down," May said.