SE 1: EP 16 ― End of the Beginning

2014 ― Airborne

2014 Airborne

"Guys, I swear, I am fine. How much blood are you going to draw before you believe me?" Audrey Fury asked Jemma Simmons as she was taking yet another vial of her blood from her.

"Your recovery... It's honestly quite unbelievable." Simmons said.

"Strange," Fitz said.

"We know Coulson had a very different recovery experience, so we understand why he's hesitant about sharing our findings with others," Simmons said. Audrey slightly tilted her head to the side.

"Yeah, but something like this drug... it needs to be studied," Fitz said. And now Audrey understood why they were taking so much blood from her, and then she remembered what she and Coulson talked about. "Has the potential to save so many lives." He said.

"We'd like to send a blood sample of yours to some colleagues to do a molecular breakdown. Maybe if you spoke to Agent Coulson...-" Audrey cut her off, and she hated how cold she was about to sound.

"...-Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. If Coulson thinks it's important that this stays between us, then we should trust him. He's the boss, and I've known him a hell of a lot longer than I've known the two of you." Audrey said.

"So you're saying we should obey the rules," Simmons said.

"Who are you, and what have you done with Audrey?" Fitz asked.

"Rey, upstairs. Top Brass wants to see you and Skye." Audrey heard Grant's voice, and when she looked to her side, she smiled at him.

"Okay."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

When Audrey made it to the main cabin floor, Skye was already there, and her eyes lit up when she saw Trip, but since higher-ranking Agents were here, they'd have to save their reunion until they were alone. "Agent Fury, from all of us, we're so relieved to see that you are doing better." Victoria Hand said to her, and Audrey smiled at her.

"Thank you, ma'am." She said. Coulson explained everything they had just discussed in their plan to find the Clairvoyant, and Audrey nodded her head. "Pairing off makes total sense." She agreed.

"Just one thought, though... what if we make it a double-blind?" Skye asked.

"How so?" Victoria asked.

"Well, I'll give one person from each team the potential Clairvoyant's coordinates, and I'll give the other one the identity. That way, no one person knows the full specs of the op until you get there." Skye said. Audrey had to admit Skye has proven herself in these last several months since they've found her.

"I like how you think. I like how she thinks." Agent Garrett said.

"One question. How am I supposed to access all the classified files without someone in the room? I don't have the clearance." Skye said.