SE 1: EP 19 ― The Only Light in the Darkness

2014 ― Providence Base[this song + this chapter = pain]

2014 Providence Base
[this song + this chapter = pain]

The team was down in the medical lab with Grant as Simmons was tending to his wounds. Seeing how beat up and bruised he was made Audrey upset that she wasn't there to back him up. "I'm afraid this might scar," Simmons said.

"Upside, you'll look badass. Dangerous." Skye said which made Audrey laugh.

"He's gonna be fine, though, right?" Fitz asked.

"He will if you back up and give him some room," Simmons said as she moved Fitz away from him.

"So, what then?" Coulson asked.

"By the time we got to The Fridge, it was too late. It was overrun. HYDRA everywhere. We couldn't stop them." Grant said.

"What were they after?" May asked.

"Everything. They took weapons, alien artifacts, anything they could grab." Grant said.

"I assume that means the prisoners are no longer prisoners?" Coulson asked and Grant nodded his head as Audrey realized what that meant.

"So... Ian Quin..." She trailed off. The man who shot her and left her on the brink of death was free.

"I'm so sorry, Rey... he's out. They all are." Grant said.

"And Garrett? Did he get away?" Fitz asked.

"Couldn't stop them from taking The Fridge, but I wasn't gonna let Garrett walk... not after what he did," Grant said as he looked over at Audrey.

"Is he the one who did this to you?" Audrey asked. Grant nodded as he slightly winced when he moved to put his shirt back on. Audrey frowned knowing that he was in pain, but she burned with rage knowing that Garrett was the one to do it.

"He was a tough son of a bitch." Grant said.

"Was? Past tense?" May asked.

"As soon as I had the upper hand, I put two in the back of his head," Grant said.

"Good," Fitz said.

"One for me... one from you," Grant said as he turned to Trip.

"I would've emptied the mag." Trip said.

"You're all set. Well, I mean, as set as you can be with two cracked ribs and a zygomatic fracture." Simmons said.

"For those of you who don't know what that is, that's a...-" Trip cut Fitz off.

"...-Hairline fracture to the cheekbone." Trip said. Audrey bit down on her lip to hold back a laugh at the face Fitz made. She didn't know why he was jealous of Trip. Sure, he and Simmons were friends, but that didn't mean anything.

"Your body needs time to heal. Please take some time." Simmons said to him.

"Understood. Thanks..." Grant said as he stood up from the stool and grabbed his shirt. "Ah. One small victory." Grant said as he pulled out the hard drive that Skye had encrypted earlier with their information from the plane. "HYDRA didn't get their hands on this." He said.