SE 2: EP 9 ― Ye Who Enter Here

2015 ― The Bus

2015 The Bus

"Here's what we know. HYDRA's on the move, they have the obelisk and two experts who know how to use it. We can't let that happen, obviously." Coulson was briefing the team for their next mission. Skye and Audrey thought this mission as a whole was just so messed up. Going after their parents, Audrey knowing that Grant is somehow involved, was all just too much.

Audrey had recovered from the gunshot wounds, they were a lot less lethal than the ones that Ian Quinn gave to her nearly a year ago, but she felt a lot better.

"Use it how?" Hunter asked.

"Based on our latest intel, there's something very powerful inside of it. A weapon." Coulson said.

"Are we talking chemical, biological, or energy-based?" Mack asked.

"Could be anything, it's alien," Fitz said.

"While Simmons and I were undercover at HYDRA, Whitehall was looking to create an extinction-level event to kill millions of people. We have to assume that this weapon has the potential to do that." Bobbi said.

"Because bad guys love their WMDs. The trick is, to activate the obelisk, HYDRA has to take it to a specific place. It's like they have the keys to launch a nuclear warhead." Coulson said.

"Now, they need the lock... a temple inside the city," Skye said.

"Any idea where this temple is?" Sharon asked.

"Glad you asked... no. But, it's in the city, and now we know where that is. Even better, HYDRA doesn't. Fitz?" Coulson said. Fitz pulled up the case file on the holographic technology in front of everyone. Skye walked up there and expanded the file.

"On our mission to Australia, we hacked a military satellite network. Using that, we ran a multispectral topographic scan of the earth, miles deep through the oceanic crust, looking to match ancient rock formations with the 3-D model of the city. And we found this." Skye said. She expanded onto the city until the match they found came up.

"Isn't that in the Bermuda Triangle? 'Cause that would explain a lot." Trip said.

"Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with the triangle. We solved that back in the 80s." Coulson said.

"Uh, Atlantis?" Trip asked.

"Try Puerto Rico," Coulson said.

"These white markers represent vertical air shafts that are close to the surface. Possible entry points for the city, but most of them are under the ocean floor." Skye explained as she expanded onto the screen what she was talking about.

"Except for one. Here, in old San Juan, where we'll enter the underground city. A survey team will test the tunnel's structural integrity, then locate the temple." Coulson said.