SE 2: EP 5 ― A Hen in the Wolf House

2015 ― The Playground

2015 The Playground

"Eight dead, six of them navy," Trip said to May, Audrey, Sharon, Skye, and Hunter as they were making their way to Coulson's office. They got word about eight men killed at a navy man's wedding last night, six of the eight were his fellow soldiers.

"All part of an anti-HYDRA unit," May said.

"Any idea what was used to carry out the attack?" Sharon asked.

"Nope, but the effects appear similar to those from the obelisk," Audrey said.

"Which we must assume is in HYDRA's possession," May said as they walked inside. Coulson was sitting at his desk and Audrey noticed how stressed he looked. "Heard back from your navy contact?" May asked.

"Radio silence," Coulson said.

"Any chance we could find a way in, maybe poke around a bit?" Skye asked.

"The entire fleet is closing ranks. These were their men; no one other than the CDC and the navy's top brass is setting foot in that room," Coulson said

"Okay, then. That's a dead end," Hunter said.

"What about Agent Simmons? She's inside HYDRA. Any chance she has some intel?" Trip asked.

"I'm still waiting for her to make contact," Coulson said as Audrey was stepping around his desk and then she noticed something.

"Sir, what is that?" Audrey asked as she pointed to it. Carved into his desk was the same pattern that she and Skye were researching per Coulson's instructions.

"Uh, just sketches. If the obelisk is back in play, we need to know what this writing means," Coulson said and then he looked at Audrey and Skye. "Any progress on your end?" He asked.

"I put some feelers out to my Rising Tide contacts about the painting we recovered in Miami, and no one has seen anything like it," Skye said.

"Keep looking. Something will turn up," Coulson said.

"What about the writings you've been giving us? Why don't you tell us your source and we'll follow up?" Audrey asked.

"I'm afraid that's classified," Coulson said. Audrey rolled her eyes.

"I really hate that word," She siad.

"Well, you're the boss-man. Maybe you could de-classify it," Hunter said.

"I could... but I won't," Coulson said.

"Why not?" Skye asked.

"I already answered the question, Skye," Coulson said.

"No, you didn't. You skirted it. There's a difference," Audrey said. Trip and Hunter looked at each other a little shocked that the girls were talking back like this, but Sharon and May weren't surprised. Coulson had been giving them the runaround, it was only a matter of time before they got frustrated with him.