SE 1: EP 15 ― Yes Men

2014 ― Airborne

2014 Airborne

Audrey gasped awake again and took in her surroundings. Grant had been down there all night, but Coulson needed him for the next mission, so he reluctantly left Audrey, but Skye and Simmons assured him that they would be down there with her. Audrey slowly sat up and swung her legs around to get out of bed, but then there was a tapping on the window.

"No! What did I say?" Simmons said. Every time Audrey has woken up and tried to get out of bed, either Skye or Jemma was there to stop her.

"Damn it. Every time." Audrey mumbled to herself as Simmons entered the pod. "It's like you have a sensor for whenever my butt lifts off the bed." She said.

"Back in it," Simmons said.

"I just want to stretch my legs...-" Simmons cut her off.

"...-Now."

"Look! There's color in my cheeks." Audrey said as she patted herself on her cheek. "I'm breathing without... feeling like my whole body is on fire. I'm good." Audrey said as she forced herself back into bed, and Simmons scoffed.

"Good is not the appropriate word to describe your state," Simmons said as she put the blanket back over Audrey. "You've been shot twice, had your stomach perforated, and a breathing tube shoved down your throat. 'Better' is the more accurate word." Simmons said.

"Do you know how long I've been in the field?" Audrey asked.

"Yes... but of the many times that you've been shot at... has it ever been this bad?" Simmons asked, and Audrey knew she had her beat because it hadn't been.

"No..." She said, and then she saw Simmons with a syringe to draw her blood... again. "Again, with the blood drive? I'm not gonna have anything left. Not sure how I feel about Doctor Simmons. She's so strict." She said as Jemma pulled the vial out. "Ow... and pokey." She said.

"Well, patient Audrey is unruly and stubborn," Simmons said, which made Audrey smile.

"She's also grateful. I hope you know that." Audrey said, and Simmons looked at her with a smile.

"I didn't do it alone." She said.

"Still, I'm the most... grateful-est-est patient alive," Audrey said as she laughed. Simmons smiled, but she shook her head.

"That's not even a word," Simmons said.

"I know, but I made it up to show my gratitude," Audrey said. There was a knock on the wall, and Audrey's face lit up when she saw Grant standing there.

"Hey," Grant said with a small smile on his face. "This a bad time?" He asked. Audrey shook her head as she slowly pulled herself into a sitting-up position, and she gestured for Grant to come more inside the room.

"It is if you're here to bust me out," Audrey said, and then she turned to Simmons and spoke with a British accent. "The Warden has extended house arrest." She said. Grant smiled while Simmons scoffed.