SE 2: EP 15 ― One Door Closes

2015 ― Safehouse

2015 Safehouse

"It's a little weird here, but I'm settling in. Sharon's been a great help, and it's gotten a lot better since Audrey got here. I've played a couple dozen games of solitaire. It's a lonely game, that solitaire." Skye said. She and Audrey were video-chatting with Jemma Simmons on the secure line that was connected to the base, so they could still talk to people from the team.

Audrey got here a few days ago and she let Coulson know that she was with Skye. He didn't ask her about where she was before that, he only needed to know that she was safe, but he did let her know that Ward was back in play. Even though she already knew that she still gave a reaction that had Coulson fooled into thinking she had no idea, but he promised her they would keep her safe from Grant

She thanked him.

"Well, May will head there soon, so don't give up on solitaire just yet," Simmons said.

"And who do we have to thank for the little Debbie snack cakes?" Skye asked.

"That was Coulson's idea. But I did pick out some nice gluten-free biscuits." Simmons said.

"Ah, well... we'll have to look for those," Audrey said.

"Have either of you tried the gloves on yet?" Simmons asked. Those were the gloves that Skye was telling her about, that could absorb and inhibit their powers while keeping them calm.

"We have not... but, uh... we will," Skye responded.

"Well, when you're feeling up to it, it might be worth giving them a go. They're obviously just a prototype, but they're laced with a microthread I designed, which should accelerate your healing and dampen the vibrations and radiation. I just want you guys to be safe, you know that, right?" Simmons asked.

Honestly, Audrey didn't know that. Coulson, May, Sharon, Trip, Bobbi, and Fitz were the only people who weren't treating Audrey and Skye like they were broken toys that needed to be fixed. "I do. It means a lot, Jemma. Thank you." Skye said. She knew on that front, that she couldn't answer for Audrey because they talked about it when Audrey came and saw the gloves in person.

"Okay, then. Call me if you need anything." Simmons said.

"We will... bye," Skye said and then she ended the call. When she did, she looked at Audrey. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"No... it feels as if no one accepts us... and well, every time we've talked to Simmons since everyone found out about our powers, she just acts as if...-" Skye cut in.

"...-They're some disease that needs to be cured," Skye said and Audrey nodded her head. "Yeah... I understand the feeling." She said.

"I just don't know how we're going to be expected to accept ourselves when not everyone on the team does," Audrey said and Skye sighed.