SE 1: EP 6 ― F.Z.Z.T.

2013 ― Pennsylvania

2013 Pennsylvania

A few days later, Audrey was in the lab with Grant, Fitz, and Skye. The night that Skye had that meeting with Coulson, Audrey, and Grant spent the majority of that night in her pod cuddling, and there was a lot of kissing but also a lot of talking. It was a calm night, and Audrey felt at peace. Grant went back to his own pod before everyone else woke up. They decided they would tell Coulson soon. They'd been keeping their relationship a secret for a few months now, but they knew they'd have to come clean eventually.

Grant was trying out the new icers that Fitz-Simmons were making for them. Grant shook his head as he put it down. "Sorry, Fitz. It's close, but it's just not right." He said.

"Really? 'Cause Agent Coulson had no problems." Fitz said.

"It's an ounce too heavy," Grant said, and Audrey rolled her eyes.

"An ounce, really?" She asked.

"Rey, you should know better than anyone; it's the difference between success and failure," Grant said. Audrey rolled her eyes again, but she didn't protest. "When you're on a rooftop with a 15-mile-an-hour wind, your target is 500 yards away...-" She cut him off.

"...-Grant, I promise you, we do not care," Audrey said. Skye laughed from where she was, and Grant rolled his eyes which made Audrey smirk. She loved how good they were at keeping things professional. Even though everyone had their suspicions, and they knew everyone suspected them, they were never 100% sure. Everyone knows Audrey and Grant annoying and teasing each other is part of their normal dynamic, so it didn't tip anybody off.

"Yeah... but we do have a rifle," Fitz added in.

"Lose the ounce," Grant said, and Fitz nodded his head.

"Yeah, okay. On it." Fitz said. When Grant left the room, Audrey turned to Fitz.

"I'm sorry about him; his people skills are the worst; I'm still working on it. You did the guns perfectly." Audrey said with a smile. That made Fitz smile too. Although he and Simmons were at first very intimidated by Audrey, they're starting to relax more around her now that they've realized she's actually nice.

"Thank you, Agent Fury." He said, and Audrey laughed.

"Fitz, we've been on a team together for a little while. You can call me Audrey or Rey, please." She said. Fitz nodded as he continued to smile. "I'll go see where Mr. Grumpy Pants ran off to." She said, and then she left. When Audrey was gone, Skye looked up.

"I do not understand what she sees in him," Skye said, making Fitz laugh.

"Ah... Ward and Audrey have known each other for the last ten years. Like Simmons and I... went through the Academy together, they were partners. They've spent a lot of time together." Fitz said.

"Yeah, but you and Simmons are actually nice," Skye said.

"Well... out of Ward and Audrey... she is the nice one," Fitz said.