SE 1: EP 10 ― The Bridge

2014 ― Airborne

2014 Airborne

A few weeks later, Grant and Audrey were in the training room sparring with one another. Audrey deflected a hit from Grant and swung her leg around, but Grant blocked her. She swung, he dodged, and then she kicked her leg. Grant dodged her again. She tried to catch him off guard when she swung her next punch, but Grant put his arm in front of his chest and blocked her. Then he shoved her back with his shoulder.

The couple looked at each other as they reset themselves. Grant leveled his fists and swung at her, but she ducked out of the way, grabbed his arm, and moved it away from his body so his chest was exposed. Then she used her other arm to swing and hit him right in the chest. That knocked him off balance, and Audrey dropped to the ground and swept his feet with her legs which knocked him down. Then she stood over her boyfriend with a victorious smirk on her face.

"Nice feint," Grant said as he sat up from the ground.

"I know you too well... You always favor your left," Audrey said.

"Huh... What else do you know about me?" Grant asked.

"Nothing that's news to you. You don't play well with others; I've known that since the Academy," Audrey said as she extended her hand out for him. Grant grabbed her hand, and she pulled him off the ground, but Grant kept his hand in hers and used it to pull her close.

"I think I've proven that I can... more than once." Grant teased. Audrey rolled her eyes as she used her free hand to lightly shove his chest. "And I think the fact that you're my girlfriend proves I can," He said.

"No, no, Agent Ward, it proves you can play well with me, not others," Audrey said, and Grant laughed a little. "Am I your first girlfriend?" She asked.

"The first one I've been serious about," Grant said, and Audrey raised an eyebrow, but that made her feel good. She figured Grant has had girlfriends before, Grant is highly attractive, only someone who is blind would think he's not. But his past didn't matter to her because, as he said, she was the first girlfriend he's been serious about. "And what about you, Agent Fury?" He asked.

"You already know the answer to that, and you know it," Audrey said. Grant smiled a little, and he was about to lean down when they heard a voice.

"Towel down," The agents let go of each other's hands and looked up to see Coulson standing on the balcony by the stairs. They didn't know how much of their conversation he had just heard. "I need you both in the command center in five," He said, and then he walked away.

"How much of that do you think he heard?" Audrey asked after Coulson walked away.

"I'm sure we'll find out."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"At 0-800 hours, three men infiltrated the Havenforth Federal Penitentiary," Coulson said. Audrey, Grant, May, Fitz-Simmons, and Skye were in the command center as Coulson was giving them their next mission. He played the footage of the break-in at the prison.