SE 1: EP 12 ― Seeds

2014 ― Science and Technology Academy

2014 Science and Technology Academy

A few weeks had gone by, and while the team was still keeping track of Centipede, they were still doing other missions in between that they were needed for. Audrey was feeling a lot better. Her back was no longer bruised and sore, and she felt a lot better. The Academy had now called the team, an incident happened at the pool last night, so they asked their team for help figuring out what happened.

"There is nothing more unsettling than being a part of something so horrible, completely unaware. The Cadet could've died." Simmons said. Simmons, Fitz, Audrey, Grant, and Skye were all in the common room waiting for Coulson for their briefing.

"We drew up those concepts years ago. We didn't know they'd be applied in that way." Fitz said.

"Are you talking about the device they found in the frozen pool?" Audrey asked, and Grant nodded his head. He had his tablet in his hands.

"Correction, the instantly frozen indoor pool," Skye said.

"It seems like it was planted in the filter days before, like someone was waiting for those specific cadets," Grant said.

"Well, as far as they can tell, the device uses a crystalline nucleation process she designed," Fitz said.

"And a delivery mechanism he invented. That's why we're being asked to consult on the investigation." Simmons said. She and Fitz were drinking coffee; Skye and Audrey both had bowls of cereal; everyone had just been woken up.

"So we're going to The Academy?" Skye asked.

"The Science and Technology Division. Cadets are pretty shaken up over what happened." Grant said, and then he turned to Fitz-Simmons. "Agent Weaver asked if you two could speak to the student body about the potentiality to calm them down." He said.

"Of course. The talk. We've all heard the talk." Simmons said.

"I haven't," Skye said.

"I guess you will now," Audrey said.

"Well, I've heard a lot about The Academy. I'm excited to finally see it." Skye said.

"Me too. Never been to sci-tech before." Grant said.

"Never? Huh. The different S.H.I.E.L.D. Academies don't interact?" Skye asked.

"Not much. Academy of Communications does, but they're the biggest and focused on data analysis." Audrey said.

"Boring," Fitz said.

"Probably the easiest to get into," Simmons said.

"That's where you'd be, Skye," Fitz said.

"Thanks..." Skye responded.

"Operations is the most aggressive program. More people wash out of operations than the other academies. Operations is also the academy program that Grant and I went through." Audrey said.