SE 2: EP 6 ― A Fractured House

2015 ― The Playground

2015 The Playground

Audrey Fury was sitting and watching the security cameras of Grant in his cell. Every morning, he's been waking up and doing a series of workouts. Mainly just push-ups and other makeshift workouts he can do in his small space. Audrey was thinking it was no wonder he was so jacked. She hated thinking about how good he looked. "5:30 on the dot, every morning," Jemma Simmons' voice interrupted her thoughts. Audrey turned around and looked at her. "But there's no clock, no light, no way he can know what time it is,"

"You've been watching him?" Audrey asked.

"Every day before I left, every day since I got back. I don't know how you do it. Going down there, talking to him," Simmons said. Audrey almost wanted to say, easily... but she couldn't tell Simmons that she missed the side of Grant she fell in love with. He dropped them in the ocean. She couldn't tell anyone how she truly felt.

"The sacrifices we make for valuable intel, right?" Audrey chose to say instead. "So, Jemma Simmons undercover at HYDRA," Audrey said. She kept reminding herself she needed to go catch up with Bobbi. She couldn't believe it, her entire friend group from the Academy was finally reunited again.

All except Caleb.

"I thought I was a dead woman at least four times," Simmons said.

"I'm glad you're not," Audrey said.

"Me too... be careful with him, Audrey. I know you've known him a lot longer than I have and you were in love with him... I just don't want him to hurt you again," Simmons said. Audrey smiled at her.

"Thanks, Jemma," She said. The doors opened and May came in as an alarm was going off. "May, what's happening?" Audrey asked.

"There's been an attack on the U.N."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

"Sir, this wasn't us, was it?" Trip asked when Coulson walked into the room where Audrey, Skye, and Sharon were already waiting. Then they all followed him into his office. HYDRA attacked the U.N., but they were claiming to be S.H.I.E.L.D., so now they were under fire again.

"No, this is HYDRA looking for revenge. Best guess? Daniel Whitehall had his people impersonate S.H.I.E.L.D. to put the world's attention back on us," Coulson said.

"So much for staying in the shadows," Audrey said.

"Somebody bring this from home?" Coulson asked as he held up a coffee mug that had a cat on it. None of them responded, so he put it down. "I want you four scouring government channels, see what we're up against," Coulson said.

"On it, sir," Trip said as they started to leave.

"Skye, Audrey..." Coulson called out for them, and they turned back around. "This means the alien writing...-" Skye cut him off.