SE 1: EP 2 ― 0-8-4

2013 ― Peru

2013 Peru

Coulson had invited Skye to be part of their team officially. When he shared this information with May, Audrey, and Grant, it didn't go over well. "Skye? That girl is not qualified to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent." Grant said.

"As much as it pains me to say this, Ward is right. She has no qualifications or training." Audrey said.

"And I agree with both of you. That's why I've invited her on as a consultant. S.H.I.E.L.D. does it all the time. Technically, Stark is a consultant." Coulson said.

"And Tony is also an Avenger... that still puts him way above Skye in the rankings," Audrey said.

"That, and technically Skye is a member of the Rising Tide. She hacked our R.S.A. Implementation." Grant said.

"Twice. From a laptop. Imagine what she'll do with our resources." Coulson said.

"Which you're giving her direct access to," Audrey commented.

"That's exactly what I imagine during this frown. You brought us on for risk assessment. She's a risk. She doesn't think like us." Grant said, and Coulson nodded his head.

"Exactly," Coulson said.

"We have two kids on this bus who aren't cleared for combat. You're adding a third." May said.

"At least Fitz-Simmons are trained S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. But Skye? You said this was a select team. Assembled to work new cases, to protect people. I don't see how letting some hacker tag along...-" Coulson cut Audrey off.

"...-I'm looking for an objection I haven't already anticipated. I'm calling this, but your disagreement will be on the record," Coulson said. Audrey rolled her eyes. She knew that Coulson had higher clearance than her, and this is technically his team, but she is the Director's daughter. Sometimes that has allowed her to know information she technically isn't allowed to know at her level of clearance.

"We've been called in to investigate an 0-8-4. We all know what that means." Grant said.

"Yes, we do. It means we don't know what that means."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

Audrey and Grant were leaving Coulson's office and walking through the central part of the bus. Skye was coming oppositely, and her eyes lit up when she saw them. "Hey... I know we didn't really...-" Skye cut off when Grant handed her a pamphlet. May said they were about to take off in two minutes.

"...-You might want to read that. This isn't like other planes." Grant said, and the two continued to walk. Skye watched as they walked off. She was curious about them. She got Grant to admit a little bit of their relationship dynamic when he was injected with the truth serum, but watching them together was fascinating.