SE 1: EP 14 ― T.A.H.I.T.I.

2014 ― S

2014 S.H.I.E.L.D. Trauma Center, Switzerland

"She was shot twice in the abdomen at close range almost two hours ago," Coulson said as they were wheeling Audrey's chamber into the S.H.I.E.L.D. medical facility that they landed at in Switzerland, which was closest to their location. Coulson had been trying to get through to Fury, but it wasn't working.

"She's tachycardic, hypotensive, and lost a significant amount of blood. We had to lower her core body temp to transport her here." Simmons said.

"It's probably what kept her alive this long. We'll do everything we can." The nurse said as they led her into the O.R. Coulson and Simmons stopped and watched the doors close.

"Oh dear, I'm a mess," Simmons said.

"No... you were great."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

The rest of the team was in the waiting room. Simmons and Coulson walked back that way to meet them, and Coulson was on the phone trying to get through to Director Fury. "I'm here. That's unacceptable. I need to speak to Director Fury immediately, please." Coulson said.

"Why didn't I stop her?" Skye said as she shook her head.

"No, why didn't I stop the two of you from going inside," Fitz said.

"As if either of you could've stopped Audrey from doing anything, she's set her mind to," Simmons said as she looked at him.

"I shouldn't have let her order me out of the room. What was I thinking?" Skye said.

"It's not your fault. She shouldn't have been there without proper backup. Audrey saved your life by making you leave; if she didn't, you might've been on the operating table right next to her." Grant said. His voice was calm and neutral. He was trying to hold it together, trying not to lose it, but it was hard, and they all knew it. "I'm her partner. It's on me." He said.

"The one to blame is the man who shot her, Ian Quinn. He's responsible." May said.

"Yes, the message is, I have an agent dying; that agent just so happens to be his daughter, Audrey. He needs to be here, and I also have questions only he can answer." Coulson snapped before he hung up the phone and slammed it down. He took a deep breath and grabbed his phone again.

Then he left the room.

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

The next morning, still at the S.H.I.E.L.D. trauma center in Switzerland, the team was still sitting in the waiting room, waiting for any update on Audrey. Grant had a cup of coffee in his hands, Skye was still blaming herself for leaving, and they were all sitting around. When the nurse walked out, everyone was alert for an update.

"How is she?" Coulson asked.

"Not good. The shots perforated her stomach and penetrated the large and small intestines. We resected what we could, but... there's been too much damage." The nurse said.