SE 2: EP 12 ― Who You Really Are

2015 ― The Playground

2015 The Playground

Lady Sif from Asgard was back on earth. She was sent by Odin to capture a Kree when Heimdall saw him on Earth. But the Kree wiped her memory during their fight. When Coulson and the team recovered him, he was explaining that he came down to Earth because the obelisk was used, and he was going to explain the history behind it to show that he was only on Earth to help. He had just given Sif her memories back. Coulson, May, Sharon, Trip, Audrey, and Skye, stood around him with their guns pointed at him.

"Yes. My memories have returned. I am Lady Sif of Asgard. Friend of the S.H.I.E.L.D." She said and then she punched the Kree hard in his face which sent him down, and Coulson stepped in front of her as the Kree popped back up.

"Asgardian... Well, that explains a lot." Vin-Tak, the Kree responded.

"It is true. We do not trust Kree. That is why I am here. When Heimdall saw that one landed on your world, Odin charged me with retrieving him." Sif said.

"So you came to pick a fight?" Vin-Tak asked.

"We know enough about Kree history to be concerned," Sif said.

"Well, then if you know Kree history, perhaps you've heard the tale of terrigenesis." He said.

"Of course. Ancient Kree descending on planets, altering the inhabitants to fight their war." Sif said as she looked him up and down in disgust.

"And Earth was one of them," Vin-Tak said.

"Blue angels who fell from the sky..." Audrey and Skye whispered. Skye told her that after Audrey had walked away from their conversation with Raina, Raina explained to Skye the stories that her grandmother told her about 'blue angels that fell from the sky,' she didn't know they were called the Kree.

"Eons ago, the Kree waged a very long war. The casualties were high and they needed more soldiers." Sif said.

"You mean cannon fodder," May said.

"We needed killers," Vin-Tak said as he looked around. "One vicious faction among the Kree genetically modified other creatures' DNA. These modifications can be activated with Terrigen crystals." He said. Skye and Audrey looked at each other and they were thinking the same thing.

Were those the crystals they saw in the tunnel?

"We know these torturous experiments failed," Sif said.

"Not on Earth... here we had to shut them down. This faction had built a city. They brought with them the diviners, which hold the crystals. Their plans were discovered and thwarted by the better of my kind, putting an end to that dark chapter of our past." He said.

"Until now..." Audrey commented.

"When I saw that an ancient signal had been triggered, I knew it had to be a diviner. If the Kree empire learned that these experiments were a success, they would be likely to renew them." Vin-Tak said.