SE 2: EP 2 ― Heavy is the Head

2015 ― The Playground

2015 The Playground

"I still can't get Hunter or Hartley on the comms," Skye said when she, Audrey, Trip, and Sharon were getting off the quinjet when they returned to The Playground. That was because they didn't know about the accident Creel caused, Hartley and Idaho were dead, and Hunter got arrested by the military.

"Not surprised. Radio silence on the op is protocol," Sharon said.

"Still, Hartley was in pretty bad shape when we left; you'd think we'd have heard something by now," Skye said.

"No need to think the worst until it shakes your hand and says hello," Trip said. Audrey rolled her eyes as she shook her head.

"Is that another one of your grandma's sayings?" Audrey asked. Trip laughed as he shook his head.

"Fortune cookie," He said. The four of them laughed together. "I had some kung pao chicken the other night," He said.

"Maybe Coulson's heard from them," Skye said as they were approaching him.

"I need to get a complete inventory by the time Agent Koenig returns. Food, fuel, and ammo. Understood?" Coulson asked. The agents in front of him nodded and walked off, then he turned to Trip, Audrey, Skye, and Sharon. "You got the quinjet. Well done."

"Thank you, sir," They all said simultaneously.

"Any word about Hartley?" Skye asked.

"Not now... let Mack know the jet is here. I want him to reverse-engineer that cloaking hardware right away. The sooner he does, the sooner get The Bus operating again," Coulson said. Audrey did miss The Bus, but sometimes it was hard for her to be back on there. There were too many memories, good and bad.

"Roger that," Trip said as he walked off. Audrey, Skye, and Sharon stayed put.

"Something else?" Coulson asked.

"The item that messed up Hartley;'s arm, it had those weird symbols... the ones you've had us researching," Skye said. Coulson's eyes slightly widened.

"The same symbols? You're sure?" He asked. Audrey nodded.

"It was the first thing we noticed. They came up out of the object; it reminded me of braille. It was like Hartley triggered something by touching it. What the hell is that thing?" Audrey asked.

"I have no idea, but good work, you three," Coulson said and then he turned around to walk away.

"Good work? How about, holy crap guys, we got to get on that? After a month of combing the planet for these things, we finally have a clue...-" Coulson cut Skye off.

"...-Right now, we have more important problems. A five-alarm fire; otherwise known as Lance Hunter," Coulson said.

"Is he...-" Coulson cut Audrey off.