SE 2: EP 11 ― Aftershocks [1]

2015 ― The Bus

2015 The Bus

After what happened in the tunnel. Audrey went off-grid.

She was overwhelmed by everything that happened, so she circled her way back to Grant. Skye figured that's where Audrey went, and she knew she would keep her secret. Even if Audrey wasn't her sister, she'd still keep her secret, because she knows how much Audrey struggles with what she feels for Grant, and she figured that if Audrey needed time with him to figure it out, then she would give it to her. Although she would probably tell Sharon and Bobbi. She knows how close Audrey is with them, and they probably already know where she is anyway.

Skye, however, was put into quarantine. Which would've happened to Audrey too if she hadn't disappeared. Skye was also having nightmares about what happened. It was traumatizing to be covered in that stone, thinking she was going to die. When Skye woke up and rubbed her eyes, she turned over on her other side and Coulson was there.

"I haven't been able to sleep, either," Coulson said.

"I keep thinking that every time I wake up, Audrey is gonna be in the other bed. And every time I wake up... I remember all over again... and now Audrey's gone and I don't know where she is, but she shouldn't be alone." Skye's voice broke off as she was about to start crying again. "I just hope she's safe, wherever she is. But thank god Audrey pushed Trip out of the tunnel in time... I don't think he would've survived," Skye said as she shook her head.

"All three of you went in for a good reason. To prevent HYDRA from starting a cataclysm. But yes, it is good that Audrey pushed him out in time," Coulson said.

"He said he came down there to get us out of there," Skye said.

"Audrey may have saved all of us," Coulson said as he stood up. "The obelisk triggered a massive earthquake. Imagine how much worse it could have been if she hadn't destroyed it." Coulson said. It wasn't the obelisk that caused the earthquake, it was actually Skye and her powers. "Audrey, she's a spy... one of the best spies S.H.I.E.L.D. has ever had, if she's gone underground... we're not going to find her until she wants us to, but she will keep herself safe. I don't blame her for getting away, ever since... Ward's betrayal, things have been overwhelming for her, she probably felt like she needed a clean break from it all." Coulson said and Skye nodded her head.

"I know... She tried to hold it together, but even during our training sessions, I would see her slipping, and she wasn't holding it together as well as she thought she was... I just wish she would've talked to me about how she was feeling, but I think I understand why she didn't." Skye said and Coulson shook his head.

"Why is that?" Coulson asked.

"Well... we all know how we feel about Ward and she knows it too. But she's still in love with him. She probably felt that if she talked to any of us about it, we would call her crazy or stupid, and we wouldn't understand where she was coming from. She's known Agent Carter for nearly 12 years, and she was there from the beginning with Audrey and Ward, she probably feels like Agent Carter is the only person she can really talk to about how she feels," Skye said. That was exactly why she didn't talk to anyone. She didn't think they'd understand, and she didn't know how to explain herself.