"A Spider."

Katie's POV:

I woke up to the sun shining through the blinds covering our bedroom window. I yawned and rolled over, trying to feel for the warmth of my husbands sleeping body. "Oh..." I moaned and sat up, pulling the duvet up to my chest. A frown set in on my face when I realized the sheets beside me were empty.

But when my thoughts traveled back to last night, the fiery kisses placed along my jaw. I couldn't help the smile and the sigh that left my lips.

I rolled over on to my stomach to look for my pajamas that I wore that evening. After I got those put back on, I glanced in the mirror. "Yeesh...!" I ran my finger through the knots tangled in my hair, and fixed the smeared lipstick on my mouth. Once I had myself fixed up I walked to the bedroom door and twisted the knob. "Good morning, my beautiful darlings." I cooed as I squeezed my kids up against my cheeks.

"Good morning. . . Mommy." Nathan groaned.

"Can't. . . breathe. . .!" Natalie wheezed.

I laughed and released the two from my arms, "Sorry, Nat. Almost finished with your pancakes?"

They both hummed and continued to shove forkfuls of fluffiness into their mouths.

"Good morning, my beautiful little snuggle bunny."

Harry said as he wrapped his arm around my hip. "Morning, handsome."
I smiled at him and pecked him on the lips, "Mhm.. I'm going to have to get some more of that later." Harry hummed.

"Hmm, maybe you will." I teased.

I sat down and watched him walk to sit at the other end of the table. He caught my eyes and smirked, pushing his hair out of his face. "What happened in you guys' room last night mommy? I heard a whole bunch of noise." Natalie asked. Harry coughed and beat on his chest, while I choked on my water. His green eyes were wide as the moon.

Her big innocent brown eyes stared into my own with curiosity, while Nathan turned his head.

"Oh, u-um. . . We saw a spider, a-and. "

"-And it ran into the closet, so we were moving the dressers and chests so we could get it." Harry finished. We sat stiffly in our chairs, Natalie stared at Harry as if she were analyzing him. Looking inside his mind to see if he was speaking truthfully.

". . .Did you kill it, daddy?" I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.
Harrys eyes gleamed with relief.

"Yes. I did, very well, actually. Isn't that right, babe?" He smirked.

"R-right." I blushed and looked down at my lap.

"That's good! I wouldn't want that nasty old spider to hurt you." I smiled and took her empty plate off the table, "Thank you, baby. Now go wash up so you can go to school."

-*-*-*

"Bye kids!" I called, hugging the twins goodbye. They both kissed my cheek and ran off to play with their friends, "Those two are very sweet." Their teacher, Ms. Hannigan, commented. "But quite a handful. I don't know how you do it, Mrs. Styles."

I laughed and shook my head, "With the help of my husband. I wouldn't be able to handle those two without his coming back every once in a while."

"That's right. You're a military wife, aren't you? I can not believe I forgot."

I smiled at her, then looked at the tiled floor beneath me, "Yeah. It's hard, but I know Harry will all ways come back.
Well, I better get home and start cleaning, have a nice day Ms. Hannigan."