The appointment

Katie's POV

Sun light shone through the open curtains, right onto my face, I groaned and turned over so my back had the warm sunlight shine on it. I felt warm breath on my face making me smile slightly, soft lips pecked my eyelids open. "Good morning beautiful, sleep well?"

"Not really." I snuggled into Harry's chest in search of warmth so I could sleep again, but he lifted my head from his neck and pushed his lips to mine, "Harry I want to sleep..." "So what you're telling me is, you don't want to kiss the father of your child?" I took a deep breath while opening my eyes slightly, "Maybe later."

"Aw, but babe." "I'm tired Harry, and the baby needs rest." I smiled down at my slowly growing baby bump, as Harry's hand placed itself on my stomach, "Well then let the baby sleep, I am your husband, therefore you should kiss me."

I growled and turned over on my other side so my back was facing him, Harry's breath was felt on my neck as he left soft kisses on my skin, "Harry, please let me sleep." I giggled when his fingers probed my sides, "Stop that Harry! That-that tickles! S-stop! Oh." I gasped when I felt a kick in my stomach, "You woke him up." "It's a him?" "It's just a guess."

His arms wrapped around my back and started to sing softly, the constant kicks in my abdomen died down at Harry's raspy voice. His smile beamed at my stomach with a proud glint in his eyes, "Well we know how to get it to sleep now." "Yeah, when's your next appointment?"

"Tomorrow, why, do you want to go with me?" His smile fell as he looked at me, "Well it depends on what time it is, I have to go to work at 7:30 in the morning and I won't be back until late afternoon."

"The appointment is at 9:30, but if you want to go I can change the time. They had an open appointment at 4:30 so if you're back by then you could go. This is the appointment where we find out the babies gender after all." He thought for a second before a smirk crept on to his face, "You know... *Cough* I think I gonna be sick tomorrow, I could use another day off of work."

I smiled at him and threw my arms around his neck, closing my eyes and breathing in the faint scent of his cologne, "It's later Kathryn, smooch time." I laughed as he pushed his lips onto mine, we sat there for a while just enjoying each others company.

I loved having Harry as the one I chose to spend the rest of my life with, he was so caring and loving towards unexpected things. I love him, more than he could ever imagine.

Harry's hands rubbed my arms as he kissed my forehead, "What do you think it'll be?" I shrugged and lifted my head to face him, "We'll find out tomorrow." "We should make a bet, whoever guesses the gender correctly gets to have the other as their personal slave that does whatever the other wants for a whole week, what do you think?"

"You want to make a bet on your child's gender?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he smirked, "Bring it on." We shook hands as we stared each other down, "Place your bet woman." "I bet it's a boy." He smirked then looked at my stomach while his eyebrows were knitted together, as if he would be able to tell, "Girl." I smirked at him as we kept our gazes locked together, Harry's line of sight traveled from my eyes down to my lips before returning to my eyes, "Good lord Kathryn, I can't stand your eyes. They suck me in, and don't even get me started on those lips of yours." His gaze wondered down to my mouth once again and he bit his lip before he looked up at my eyes, "And to think, they're all mine."

His lips suddenly smashed onto mine as he held my head in his hands, my eyes closed as his lips moved against mine. Then he pulled away from me with his bottom lip between his teeth, "I love you Katie, don't you ever think otherwise."

I smiled looked down at my stomach which was now about the size of a small melon, with a smile playing at my lips, "Is that a sign that you're going to love the baby more than me?" Harry put his hand over his heart and sniffled in mock hurt, "Harry, come on now, don't be silly. Of course I will." I playfully smacked his shoulder and laid my head on his lap, "I bet I could change that." "No chance."