New Job

~Katie~

"Wake up Baby, we've got a plane to catch." Harry's arms were placed on my back and thighs and he lifted me out of bed, "What time is it?"

"6:15, we're visiting my mum in England today remember?" I gave a tired nod and allowed him set me down on the floor,

"Are the twins packed?"

He nodded and left the room after giving me a quick peck on the cheek, I grabbed a t-shirt and some sweats and threw on my TOMS and went into the family room. "Good morning everybody."

"Morning mom!" "Good morning!"

"Y'all just grab some PopTarts and get some shoes on, we need to leave for the airport in 20 minutes."

The twins ate their PopTarts and scurried to their rooms to get their backpacks and suit cases, "Did you get everything you need guys?"

"I think so!" "Let's make sure."

Pajamas, toothbrushes, clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, blankets, gum, and picture books.

"Looks like you're all set, just sit here and watch cartoons for a while then we'll head out the door." I kissed each of them on the forehead and walked down the hall to get to Harry and I's room, "Babe, do you have everything you need or do I need to go through your bag as well?" Harry snorted and wrapped an arm around my waist, giving me a quick peck on the lips before gesturing to his duffel bag,

"Why don't you come make sure?"

"I think you can handle reading the check list, but hurry up, we have 15 minutes to get to the airport."

-------------------------------------------------

"Flight 247 has departure in Five Minutes, Flight 247 has departure in five minutes."

"Lets get going we've got five minutes left!"

After juggling suit cases and running with no free limbs we made it to the tunnel and found our seats, the plane was huge so it had four seats in one row, perfect for our family.

We had the twins sit in the middle of Harry and I so they could be together, "Guys, please don't cause any trouble. Okay? Promise mommy that you'll stay calm and quiet."

"Okay mommy!"

After two hours of coloring, giggling and looking at their picture books Natalie fell asleep on a sleeping Nathan's shoulder, "They're so adorable, I love them so much." Harry gazed at the two sleeping children with love in his eyes and a smile on his face, I smiled back at him and we just stared at each other for a while.

Then he leaned closer, and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Come over here."

He motioned towards his lap and held his arms out, "I can't, the seatbelt sign hasn't gone off yet-"

Ping!

The sign went off as soon as the words left my mouth, and I rolled my eyes.

He smirked and motioned towards his lap again, I sighed an unbuckled the lap belt walking over to his seat.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, "You tired Kitten?" "Mm." His breath fanned over my neck, sending chills down my spine, "Go to sleep then, I'll be here to wake you when we arrive in England."

*•*•*•*•*•*•4 hours later•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Wake up mommy we're here! We're here, we're going to see grandma!"

I groaned when Nathan jumped on my abdomen, "Oof!"

"Nathan!" Harry sighed and lifted the toddler off of my stomach, "Don't jump on mommy, you won't get any brothers if you do that."

"Harry."

He shot me a wink and gathered the twins' things, "Well, lets get going. Mum is waiting for us in the waiting area."

I yawned and got my carry on and my suit case and held onto Natalie's hand while Harry did the same with Nathan, we walked through the tunnel and into the crowded airport.

"The waiting room is over this way, come on!" We held tightly to our children as we weaved through the crowd of people to get to the waiting room, a woman with dark hair and dark eyes sat patiently in a chair sitting up to get a glimpse out the window. "Hello mum!"

She turned her head and her face immediately brightened when she spotted us in the entry way, "Harry! It's so good to see you, hello Katie how are you doing?"

"Fine thank you, how have you been Anne?"

Natalie tugged at the hem of my t-shirt, "Mommy, is this grandma?"

"Yes darling, go say hello."

Natalie shyly walked up to the smiling woman and looked up at her through her lashes, "H-hi, grandma, I'm Natalie." She pushed some brown hair behind her ear and gave Anne a nervous smile, "Well hello there Natalie, I'm Anne, your grandmother. How have you been?"

"Good, and this is my little brother, Nathan!"

"I'm not your little brother, I was born before you!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Kids, stop that nonsense. Lets get to our hotel room-" Anne cut me off with a smile and a slight shake of her head.

"Oh nonsense darling, you'll be staying with me while you're here. Lets go and get you all unpacked, then I'll drive Harry over to his interview."

~~Three hours later~~

"We're back!" Harry pecked me on the lips and plopped himself down on the couch, "So how'd it go? Did you get the job?"

"Yes, yes I did. It went very well. How were things here?"

I sighed and rubbed my temple with my hands, "Exhausting, what kind of job did you get?" He froze and looked over at me with worried eyes, "Uh, it's nothing much... Do want some lunch? What do you feel like having?"

He got up and hurried to the kitchen, leaving me sitting confused on the couch, "Oh don't worry sweetheart, he'll tell you in his own time." Anne put her hand on my shoulder and gave a small smile, "I'm gonna go talk to him, thank you Anne."

I walked through the kitchen and put my hand on Harry's shoulder, "Harry what kind of job did you get?"

He sighed and turned around, hands placed on the counter and back up against the counter.

"Katie please dont be upset with me, I-" "

"I'm going to join the army."