33

❗️WARNING ❗️

- mention of blood
- please skip the next thread if you’re sensitive with this topic—

“Oh my god...” he stepped back with his hands covering his mouth. And since Jungkook was listening through the door, he immediately went out to see what was happening.

Dongjin was lying on the ground, eyes shot open due to shock, and his blood is dripping out of his head.—

Jungkook immediately ran to Tae and pulled him inside his office.

Tae wasn’t that sensitive to blood, but seeing someone die in front of you is another topic.

He’s shaking in fear, and his fear turned into tears. “Just stay here okay? Don’t go out until I told you so.”—

Jungkook ordered, he took a last glimpse of Tae before going outside.

He called some soldiers to get the corpse and clean the blood on the floor. He ordered the others to inspect the whole camp and every soldier.

They have guns, but the culprit used a silencer since ——

they heard no sound of gunshot.

Its already 6:30 and he gathered up all the soldiers in the field, all of them looks confused about the sudden meeting.

But no one had a silencer.

Jungkook spoke his notes and dismissed them. He immediately went to Taehyung.—

He’s sitting in the corner, hugging a pillow. And he’s fast asleep.

Jungkook heaved a sigh. He somehow felt relieved despite of what happened earlier, knowing that Tae is all safe.

He slowly knelt down, and observed his features.—

He looks all strong and bubbly when he’s awake. He’s really stubborn and noisy. But seeing him in this state where he’s asleep? Jungkook’s mind changed.

After all what happened, he realized that there’s a man who freely expresses himself. No masculinity rules, just ——

being himself. Every men that he met is acting all masculine, stern and intimidating — because at this time — men’s masculine personality is a must.

But Taehyung, he’s beautifully different.

And Jungkook can’t help but to smile at him.—

Maybe, maybe that’s one of the reasons why he wanted to protect him.

He’s too precious to sacrifice.

“I promise,” he started with his gentle voice, not wanting to wake him up.

“I promise I’ll protect you at all cost. Even if that cost, is my life.”186.

“Good morning.” Tae stretched his arms, rubbing eyes to fully adjust to the light. “Morning.”

He greeted back. Unfamiliar things welcomed him once he opened his eyes.

This isn’t their room.

He sat bolt upright, eyes widened at the person before him.—

“OH MY GOD?!” He immediately covered his body like he’s naked, and Jungkook just raised an eyebrow.

“DID YOU DO SOMETHING TO ME?” He cried, trying to remember what happened last night.

“I just carried you on the bed, nothing more.” Jungkook said innocently.—

He’s still in his office, and he probably slept here. That’s embarrassing.