Poetry (Pt.5)

Thought I'd say before the chapter started, the parts don't go with the week anymore. Yes there will be 7 parts but it won't be the week we started off on. For example this is a month after the last chapter. Hope this makes some sense.

"This is it, warning, ignore two identical little girls. They will literally make fun of you. It's fine, you're ready for this."

George is embarrassed to say the least. His mother overreacted with this being his first boyfriend, and wanted him to come to a family gathering. George knew this had bad written all over it. His stepdad was a homophobic asshole and his kids were just plain weird. Its not the environment he wanted Dream to be in. Of course though since they are seniors in highschool his mother expects it to be serious. Her actual words being, "yeah kids date around in highschool but senior year is important. You find a boyfriend and settle, sometimes even move in together." Crazy woman talk considering him and Dream had just started dating a month and a half ago, not that George was keeping track.

"You sure? Your stepdad sounds like a dick, and I think he'll hate me." George laughs giving a slight nod, "it'll be fine. My mom likes you and surely shes put in a good word." Dream eases up and George looks out the window already seeing his stepdad on the lawn cooking hotdogs and hamburgers. "I can't do this, you can tell he's judging my car. My beautifully little car, it's okay Angelina I still love you." George looks at him in disbelief, he'd named the car? Of course he named the car, "c'mon Clay. Being late is worse than anything else." Dream nods taking a deep breath, before leaning over the console to give George a quick kiss. He smiles and opens his own door, his stepdad giving a wave. "Oh yeah I'm gonna die."

George hides a laugh, going over to Dreams side were he grabs his hand in an effort to stable himself. "Foods almost ready, your mother's inside gabbing with the girls!" George gives a laugh making his way to the yellow house. They get to door and George opens it, Dream looking in confusion. "Its a screen door Clay," he says and he still looks confused "a what?" George just rolls his eyes stepping inside the house filled with laughter and children screaming. "I feel so out of place," George scoffs at him "it's cause you are. You're a multi millionaire standing in a house of people who get excited about the 5 dollar box at Captain D's." Even though Dreams nervous he can still laugh at that.

"Oh is that my little Georgie I hear!" George wants to die when he sees his Aunt Linda look over the railings. "Hi aunt Linda," he says and signals for Dream to take off his shoes. He does and they go up the stairs to the living room, most of his aunt's sitting there along with his mom. "Well who's this fine young man you've got with you." George feels the nervousness seep in as Dream holds his hand tighter, "this is my boyfriend Clay." His aunt gives a big smile, "welcome to the family dear! Gonna have to get use to loud southern food, do ya like collard greens?" Dream nods and she sits back down in her seat pleased with the answer. "Have I seen you from somewhere kid, you look familiar."

George knows Dream doesn't want to really answer that question, but of course his mother pipes up. "He's Jay Johnson's son," she says and George watches as his aunt's look at him with a little more interest. Lovely now they had a whole new approach on him, "no wonder. Look exactly like your daddy, all blonde and tall. That's kinda funny, Bill was just talking about how he doesn't like them big corporations." A laugh resonates throughout them, and George prays the conversation would change. "You got a job yet kid? I'd imagine you'd need a job when you two live together." Alright not the turn George was hoping for, but it was Aunt Kathy and God she was the worst. Her and her little gray hair knitting self. "I work at my dad's company," he says and George is almost thankful he's ignored the other half of the conversation.

"Oh Kathy their still kids, ya know they don't have plans yet. Expect for our perfect little star George. You got my letter right?" George nods with a smile, his other aunt Debra looking so pleased. "Still can't believe you got into Princeton, where are you going to school Clay?" George moves them to the couch, Dream still grasping his hand like a lifeline. George appreciated it, "Yale. I'm studying for a few years on business and tech so I can assume my father's position." They nod and George looks over giving him a smile, He knows he has to because he's freaking out. You could tell from the look in his eyes, and George knew this was only the beginning.