Doorstep 👑(Pt.4)

"Honey please keep on your socks, Clay why in the world would you suggest going on a picnic. Her little frills are going to get all dirty," George says picking her up and bringing her back to the blanket. She refuses though going back over to where Dream had found a rock in the shape of a heart, and had given it to George.

The curious little girl takes off her socks again despite George's wishes and starts playing with sticks like any normal child would. George gives up, sighing deeply and looking over at Dream who was no help. "I didn't teach her that it must have been you." George says expecting Dream to smile or anything, but he just sits there looking off into the distance. He looks like he's losing his mind, George wouldn't be surprised. He needed to go to a mental asylum anyways for letting their child play in the mud.

"Clay? You still here?" Dream blinks a few times, getting rid of the haze and looks at George with a nervous smile. "You look stressed is everything okay?" Dream just nods and looks over at Grace, maybe she could give him advice on his little issue. "Yeah, sorry I was just thinking about my cat." George laughs making Dream smile, glad that he had got George in a more comfortable position so he could ask him.

"George can I ask you something?" George nods smiling and Dream takes a deep breath, "well we've known each other for a long time and-" Grace starts crying, and George immediately goes over to her and picks her up. "Aw baby bear are you hungy? Okay let momma get you some milky," George coos at the baby and she pouts laying her head on Georges shoulder while sucking on her finger because her binky had not been brought.

"We can finish up talking later, I'm gonna go to the car and get her her bottle. Can you please pick this up? Thank you," George says in one go and Dream doesn't even have a chance to protest. George leans down giving his head a kiss and rushes off towards the car, Dream still recovering from being cockblocked by a baby.

He doesn't try to fight it though, knowing that if he did he'd have less a chance. So he gets up putting the items back in the basket and the blanket in there too. Dream wished he hadn't spaced off as much as he did, because then he'd had more time to explain his feelings.

Next time Dream thought, next time.
---------------------------💜----------------------

They get home George putting Grace in her highchair and Dream hanging up the keys and kicking off his shoes. "Gracey are you excited for tomorrow's yummy lunch, chicken with avocado!" Dream scrunches his face in disgust and pulls out the corn instead of the avocado. He hands it to George and George looks at him with an annoyed expression. "Clay why do I have corn instead of Avocado. I know you don't like it but the baby needs to have a variety of foods, or she will grow up as a picky eater."

Dream smiles and grabs the avocado from the fridge. "Okay Grace, which one do you want." He grabs the other one from George's hand and lays them both down in front of her. She looks up at them giggling and her hand reaches for the avocado. "Haha Clay, the baby likes my choice more." Dream rolls his eyes and looks at George a little longer.

George hadn't changed out yet obviously, his brown hair combed nicely and his yellow shirt was still tucked into his ripped jeans. He had put on a few accessories, a necklace and one ring that was engraved with some sort of writing. He looked so pretty, a yellow clip in his hair that Dream had got him. It had little white flowers on it, and he felt his heart flutter for just a moment when he sees that he had even worn it.

George also smelled really nice, and Dream thought it was funny at first when George pulled out a gingerbread perfume. It wasn't a manly cologne but a sweet girly perfume. He would have laughed about it but he couldn't when George snuggled next to him the baby happy in between them. The baby always hugged onto George, which Dream thought was really cute. He took a picture of it and posted it on Twitter, it being one of the most liked posts ever.

George looks up at Dream giving him a weird look when he was just staring. He decides to play a little trick and giggles standing up on his tippy toes and poking Dreams nose. "Clay the gray nosed sand block," he says smile evident and Dream blinks away his haze.

His body goes on high alert feeling George so close. Dream backs up walking away quickly and into the hallway. He face palms halfway through realizing what he had just done. He just actually walked away from George like an absolute weirdo. He turns back around and George starts laughing, "my god Clay what's been going on with you recently?" Dream opens his mouth and then closes it when He has nothing to say. "George I wanted to ask you something," Dream says heart racing and George crosses his arms in concern. "Let me get Gracey changed and put in bed, then we can talk okay?" Dream nods needing a plan anyways and George kisses his cheek, "I'll meet you back in the living room."

George gets Grace out of her highchair, and passes Dream, going into the hallway. Dream sighs knowing his plan of action as he rushes into the kitchen and crouches down to the very bottom cabinet. He pulls out his hidden boxes of fairy lights and rose petals, that he had bought just yesterday night. Dream takes a deep breath and gets the rose petals out first and looks to see if George was already in the bedroom. He smiles when the door is closed and walks out of the kitchen and into the hallway, standing right infront of the door and starts the petal trail.

He scatters them in a path, them spreading out from the middle. He trails them all the way to the couch and goes back into the kitchen to throw away the box and grab the fairy lights. He plugs it in at the outlit next to the entrance of the hallway and trails it up the hall against the wall.

He looks at his handy work and nods liking what he had done. Dream didn't think this would happen in a million years, and what he was about to do scared him like crazy. He goes into the kitchen once again and leans down to open the cabinet next to the one that had the fairy lights. In held his suit and the small black box that signed his fate.

Dream looks around for a second and then slips off his shirt and puts on the white long sleeved one. He buttons it and then puts on his blue tie neatly. "Shit Clay what are you doing," he says to himself quietly and pulls on his gray jacket. He looks up grabbing the box and sticking it in his pocket. He fixes his hair a little, not having a mirror to see but it would work out somehow. "Clay what's in front of the door?"

Dream jumps in surprise and tries to steady his breathing and he walks into the living room. He sees George walk into the room and smiles when George's eyes are filled with a sparkle Dream had never seen before.
----
George couldn't believe what he was seeing, there were rose petals and white shining fairy lights. How had Dream done this in the few minutes he was watching the baby? "Clay what is this?" George goes into the living room fully and is confused when he sees Dream in a fancy suit. "Clay?" "George, I don't know any other way to do this so please just bare with me." Dream let's out shakily and offers his hands to Georges. George takes his hands very worried, "okay go on."

"George, I've never felt the way I do now. I've never seen someone who's understood me more, or someone who can put up with my weirdness like you do. And when we found the baby I thought you were going to leave me. I thought you were going to go home and never talk to me again. Having this baby made me realise that I never want to live without you. It made me realise that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I realised all of this when my mom came over and said that I could do this without you.

If I didn't have you I would be lost. You George are beautiful, on the inside and out. Your so put together and happy even when someone says shit. You always smell so good and look like you were sent from God. I am so lucky to have you as a partner while raising Grace. So that's why I need you to stay here, thats why I want to do this. Not because it's for a Visa, or because I'm selfish. I just want you and Grace to be happy, and if you have to leave I don't think she'd be happy." Dream kneels down on one knee and George realises what's going on in an instant.

"George Henry Davidson, will you marry me?"
--------------------------💜-----------------------
Predictions on what George will say? 👀👀👀