13 : Family.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

With all the mess that has been happening recently, the members didn't steal their month of hiatus.

All seven of them made plans, and apart from Yoongi and Seokjin, none of them had plans to see each other in the meantime, which was exactly what they needed.

The first week, Maya decided to go to her hometown, Daegu, to visit her parents.

It has been a while since she has seen them and since they were constantly phoning her, it was only fair for her to go visit them.

She was planning to go travel afterwards, not really having any plans.

"Who is it ?"

"Mom it's me !"

There was a silence at the other side of the door before Maya's mother rushed out, a wide smile of pride on her face.

She immediatly hugged her daughter's frame, making Maya chuckle.

"Aigo, aigo you're so skinny !" She said, looking at Maya's figure. "Come in, come in, you should've told me you were coming !"

Maya only chuckled at her mother's mess, letting her drag her to the kitchen.

"Your father is abroad, you know him with his business, he's barely here.. How are you doing ? You're so pretty ! TV isn't doing you any good, they're taking away the heavenly beauty I gave you."

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree they say..

Maya chuckled, sitting on a counter.

"Im Maya." Her mom gave her a warning, making her purse her lips and get off quickly. "You've lived with seven men and here you are, forgetting manners."

"I'm sorry.." Maya mumbled. "How do you get younger every time I see you ?"

"Maya-yah stop flattering me~" Her mom said with a chuckle.

"No really, thank you for making me so beautiful." She continued, kissing her mom's cheek.

The woman only chuckled, focusing on her task.

"Your brother told me you two argued before he left."

Maya sighed, leaning against the counter.

"You two must count on each other, you're the only family you have in Seoul."

"Well he should've thought before disappearing out of nowhere and then coming to judge everything I do like-"

"Maya-yah your ego will kill you one day !" Her mom cut her off with an exhausted sigh. "You're just like your father."

"Without his ego Dad wouldn't be where he is today, I take that as a compliment." Maya answered.

Her mom sighed, getting desperate.

Maya was stubborn, and now that Kibum was at the military, there was no way they'll make up this early.

She thought that with both of them in Seoul, they'd get closer. But instead, it was quite the opposite, they grew distant.

"How long will you be staying here ?" Her mother changed the topic, giving her daughter a quick look.

"This whole week, then I'll be traveling." Maya answered, pulling out her phone.

"And how are the boys ?"

Maya tilted her head, thinking.

"I don't really know, it's only first day of hiatus.. They're doing fine I guess, I know some planned to travel as well." She answered.

"What are my boys doing ? Are they in town ?"

Maya's mother always called Taehyung and Yoongi her boys, for the only reason that they were from Daegu too.

"I don't know Mom, I didn't ask them.. I hope everyone is doing fine, but we all need a break from each other." Maya answered, kind of thinking.

"I thought you would've brung someone for me to meet today.."

"Mom-"

"You'll be twenty-three in three days Maya-yah and I'm not getting younger.. I understand that you have a career, but don't forget that you have a life outside of cameras."

Maya sighed, knowing there was no point in trying to argue with her mother on that point.

"You have the right to love Maya-yah, don't throw your feelings away because of what tabloids say.. I'm so proud of you, my little girl went to Grammy.."

Maya started to feel emotional, just like every time her parents told her they were proud of her.

But her mother was right, she shouldn't throw herself away to please the cameras.

"On the other hand, you talk like a Seoul girl now, your satoori is gone."

Maya snorted, turning her head to her mother.

"I use it sometimes with Yoongi-Oppa, but not that much."

"You should never forget where you from, alright !" Her mother asked enthusiastically, putting a smile on Maya's face.

She knew last year was harsh for her daughter, so she wanted to see her smile from her own eyes.

If she put Maya on Earth, it wasn't to let her suffer, but to see her enjoy herself.

She loved watching fancams of Maya, wondering how it went from 'please sign me up for dance classes' to being apart of one of the biggest groups ever.

Maya was her parents' pride, which clearly was one of the reasons Kibum was so bitter with his sister.

After all he was an idol too, Maya's senior on top of that, but she was the only one talked about during family dinners that she didn't even attend in the first place.

Maya gave her mother a huge smile, nodding.

"Alright !"

.

.

(A/N)

love how maya's mom is just an older version of maya

©️ASHLEY