30 : Dead roses.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"Oh.. It's you.. I was about to go join Hyung for his live so-"

"Jungkook-ah, we need to talk." Maya cut him off, furrowing her eyebrows.

They were at their hotel in Japan, it was late at night.

They had MAMA that day, but both stayed awake for Seokjin's birthday, planning to go crash his live later.

However, Maya separated from Taehyung as she prepared himself to go talk with Jungkook, knowing he'd be awake.

They had to talk, no matter how hurtful it was going to be, or if they had an award show literally the same day.

It was necessary.

She forced herself inside of his room, facing an uneasy Jungkook as she crossed her arms against her chest.

"Noona-"

"Jungkook-ah what's your problem ?" She cut him off.

Now that she was facing him, she was upset.

He yeeted her away, broke her and when she got in a relationship, all he did was filling every room he was in with bad vibes.

"What do you mean what's my problem ?" He asked, playing dumb.

"You push me away and when I date someone else you act like a four year-old, I'm asking you again what's your problem ?"

He scoffed, leaning against the door.

"Aren't you happy ? Am I causing trouble in paradise ? You made your choice, it was him from the start right ? I never broke you, and it was all an act, that's it ? You never had feelings-"

"What the hell did you smoke ?" She cut him off, furrowing her eyebrows. "You fucking broke me, threw me away when you broke your toy and called it a day, now that I'm happy you're mad ?"

"Because you're an hypocrite ! You said you didn't want to pick and choose and-"

"Who are you yelling at ? I'm still older than you Jungkook-ah and I'm talking calmly, I don't see why you're getting mad." She cut him off again in a serious tone. "You're talking none-sense, Taehyung didn't give up on me, he stayed by my side all along so I don't see why you're getting mad, you did this to yourself."

Jungkook lowered his head, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

However he failed, looking up at her with anger in his eyes.

"You broke me first ! You broke me when you kept picking the Hyungs over me and if I didn't agree with this messed up relationship I would've lost you ! So what was I supposed to do back then ? You think I wanted to share you ? You think I wanted this ?"

"You could've said no !" Maya raising her voice as well. "You could've refused and you know I wouldn't have agreed.. Either ways there's no need to bring that up, it happened a year and a half ago."

Jungkook laughed bitterly, holding back his tears with clenched tears.

"I loved you with everything I had, and it was still not enough to get close to you.. I was ready to throw everything away just to be with you, even a second, just for you to look at me the way you look at them, for you to love me like you love them and at the end I still lost you ! At then end it's not me you're with !"

She scrunched her face at him, getting confused between anger and guilt.

It's true that Jungkook worked hard, but she couldn't force herself to fall in love with him again just to please him, it was the way things were.

She fell out of love, but Jungkook was still there, waiting for her to look his way when for her, it wasn't possible anymore.

She matured and realized Jungkook might not be the person she needed.

He always wanted people to take care of him, just like a baby. Problem was, Maya wanted the same thing, getting take care of.

It wouldn't have work, love isn't enough if two people are not compatible and either ways, Maya didn't love him like that anymore.

"I cried, screamed for you to come look my way but you never did and now it hurts because I hurt you and I didn't want to and now I.. I'm lost because I don't want to move on, but I have to and.. And Noona please.. Please tell me what I'm supposed to do ?"

And Jungkook finally cried, choking on his sobs.

Loudly, heavy tears falling down his cheeks, his body too heavy for him to carry, also falling to the ground.

Desperate, destroyed, crushed to see her getting away from him as days passed by, unable to keep her close, to make her feel safe enough to stay.

Unable to be what Taehyung was to her.

Maya didn't know what to say, Jungkook's state and feelings making her upset at herself.

She failed.

As a Noona, as a form of comfort.

She knew it'd get messy from the start, but Jungkook was definitely the person aside from Maya who received the most damage.

"All, for nothing at all.." Jungkook mumbled, biting his lower lip.

That sentence made Maya break down, falling to her knees as well and hugging him as tight as she physically could, putting all of her strength into it.

She opened her mouth to talk, a weak, broken voice coming out, her own tears soon soaking the maknae's black t-shirt.

"I'm sorry Jungkook-ah.. I'm sorry but it's over."

"Don't say that Noona we had our moments and-"

"Gguk-ah, stop." She cut him off, pushing herself away from him. "I'm happy with Taehyung and I have no intentions to leave him because I.. I don't love you anymore.. I love him, not you."

Up until she pronounced these words, Jungkook always thought a heartbreak was just an expression.

But now, he knew it was literal.

"You.. You don't love me anymore ? No more.. No more Noona's sweet boy.. No more cuddles.. No more.. No more 'I love you's.." He said in a small, broken voice, feeling his throat tightening.

He felt disoriented, crushed, as if a train just ran on top of him.

"I'm sorry Gguk-ah.. But no, I don't."

She stood up, wipping her tears away.

She didn't want to leave him in this state, but staying will only do more damage.

She didn't want to leave him alone, but staying would only have him more false hopes, which wasn't what she wanted.

They both needed time to themselves now, to figure out things.

She took a deep breath, giving him a little head pat.

"We always told you to think before you act.. Here's why, and that's a situation you can't fix."

"Is it really too late ? We loved each other, we can fix it, give me another chance !"

She looked at Jungkook on his knees, crying and begging for her to come back to him when there was no chances left.

He used every single one and always ended up messing up, not understanding what Maya was truly seeking for.

No twisted back-stabbing plan, no sweet words that have no meaning.

Simplicity and loyalty, that's it, that was all it took.

And unlike the others, Taehyung understood that.

He was hanging on a thread of hope, but to her there was no love, only dead roses.

"Last year I told you that you can't control other people's feelings.. I guess you weren't listening back then."

.

.

©ASHLEY