36 : Long lost friend.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"It's been a while.."

Maya nodded in agreement with Namjoon, sitting criss-cross on the couch next to him.

It was New Year's day, the two of them were in Namjoon's hotel room in America after their Rocking Eve performance.

It has been a while since they talked to each other, just the two of them, without anyone else.

"I mean you're busy on your leader things, we're always together but we're also not.. Understandable."

"Last time we were together was.. Probably in Malta." Namjoon's eyebrows raised at the realization, a small gasp escaping Maya's lips.

"That long ?"

He nodded in response, a small smile on his lips.

"We're busy doing our own things Ya-Yah, so obviously we don't hang out together as much.. You're more with Yoongi-Hyung and Taehyungie right now, Daegu trio." Namjoon chuckled.

Maya cocked her head, looking at him sipping on Bacardi.

"Does that make you sad ?"

"Kind of.. I mean it used to be Namjoon and Maya against the world and now.. We're kind of drifting apart, it's not something I'm used to." He answered truthfully, staring at the ground in front of him.

She pursed her lips, nodding.

It was true, it used to be them against the world.

But over the years they've changed, and Maya wasn't hanging out with him as much as she used to, she admitted it.

"I.. You know, I'm happy that you're doing well now, Taehyungie said he's thinking marriage.. I'm proud of you, Ya-yah, for how far you're coming from." He turned his head to her and gave her a small smile.

She felt herself tearing up, but no tear came out, she simply felt emotional.

"And even if something terrifying happened to you last week, I admire the way you're trusting people around you, leaning on them to move forward.. You're truly admirable, and I'm really amazed at how careful you are of your surroundings, the way you pay attention to details."

"I'm clumsy with people though.." She said with a small chuckle, looking at the floor in front of her.

"But you're human." Namjoon answered, looking at her. "You always put yourself on the front line and take the bullet for others, no one can say you were absent when they weren't doing well.. You're so cool."

She sighed, leaning back in the soft couch, looking at the glass of red wine, twirling the liquid around.

"I don't really see myself that way.. I always try to fix things when it's too late, then I hurt people.. I watched this show on Netflix, it's called Bojack Horseman.. There was a small funny-looking guy that said 'You can't do shitty things and feel bad about yourself' and.. That was relatable." She gulped, looking at the red liquid in her glass. "I make wrong decisions and then cry about it when I knew exactly where it would've led.. Am I really that cool ?"

Namjoon listened to her rant, completely surprised.

Normally she'd go to Yoongi for things like this, but this time she decided to come to him, talking to him.

As much as she loved Taehyung, she couldn't tell him about things like this.

To him she was perfect just the way she was, he'd always stand on that point.

But what she wanted was truth, about her persona in the eyes of someone who didn't want to marry her.

"Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect.. The most important is that you know that you're wrong, and you always try to make things better once when you realize your mistake, that's pretty cool to me." He punched her arm slowly, making her smile.

He stared at her for a second, simply smiling, not saying anything.

She noticed and scoffed, making herself more comfortable on the couch.

"Stop staring like a creep." She mumbled, sipping on her wine.

"I'm sorry it's just.. I'm happy to see that you still need me, after all of these years.. We hated each other, we fought, we laughed, we even dated at some point.. Feels good to know that after all of these things, we can still count on each other."

"We grew up well.. Hope you know how to dirty talk now." She teased him, seeing a blush rise on his cheeks, a small 'aish' escaping his lips.

"Why do you bring that up when we're having a good time ?" He asked with an embarrassed laugh.

"Because it's becoming too emotional, and I randomly remembered when you tried to-"

"Maya-yah !"

" 'I can make you scream like pornstar'" She quoted him, laughing.

Namjoon let his head fall in front of him, holding it in his hands.

"With those huge fucking glasses." She continued. "'Gimme a kiss com'on don't be shy'."

Namjoon was dying of embarassment as he remembered his younger years, Maya certainly feeding off of it.

"Wasn't it Taehyung's birthday yesterday ? Aren't you supposed to be limping and tired ?" Namjoon asked, wiping his face with his hands.

"We had the flight, all he asked was a head massage.. What, you wanted to hear me scream like a pornstar ?"

"Stop with that pornstar thing !" Namjoon said in an embarassed laugh.

"It came out of your mouth for all I know !" She defended herself, still laughing.

Namjoon sighed, throwing his head back on the couch.

Maya played with her own hair, pushing it back and tossing it around.

"Maya-yah.." Namjoon called her again.

She turned her head to him, sipping on her glass of wine.

Namjoon gave her a small smile, his eyes shining.

He was proud of Maya, he truly was.

She was founding her own stability, getting comfortable and walking down a new path of life.

"Don't let him go, he's a keeper."

She chuckled, smiling from ear to ear as she thought about Taehyung, the male soundly sleeping when she left their shared room.

He was spent by the Rocking Eve performance, but since Namjoon asked her to come, she told him she'll come back in a little while.

She shook her head at Namjoon, smiling to herself.

"I won't."

.

.

©ASHLEY