14 : Living life.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

The trip to visit family in Daegu was a very healing moment for Maya.

Nothing felt as comforting as having her mother close, talking about anything and everything, eating the good food that nobody could make like her and reminiscing childhood memories.

She didn't talk to her members at all, except when they called her to wish her a happy birthday, taking the occasion to check on one another.

Maya left Daegu after a week, as planned.

She decided to take a solo trip to Cabo San Lucas, since all of her friends were busy and there was no way she'd bring a member.

She really wanted to have this break to herself, to be with herself.

She landed in Mexico on the 22nd of August, and started to film her mini-vlog, the only thing the company asked them to do during their break.

She put the camera down in the hotel room with a sigh, walking further from the camera.

"Mayaring fashion today.." She said, twirling around and showing off her purple floral dress, her black bob in a perm floating around.

That haircut was something nobody ever saw coming, making people divided.

Korean netizens, seeing it with the korean beauty standards didn't like the curls, thinking it was too much.

Whereas international fans liked it a lot, saying it was great for summer, looking really fresh.

Maya had mixed feelings about it, because at first she wanted really loose curls, like the ones she had for Fake Love.
But at the end it looked really different from what she had ever did before, so it was okay.

She was thinking about getting a tattoo too while she was outside of Korea, since getting a tattoo over there was very complicated, but for now, she was going to enjoy her trip to the fullest.

She was planning to stay in the room the first day to rest as it was a long trip from Korea.

She filmed herself unpacking her suitcase, and then cut the vlog after changing to her pajamas, waving goodbye.

That'd be it, she did her part of the job.

She planned to stay in Cabo for five days before going to Europe, more precisely Portugal for another five days, then to Barcelone for another five days, afterwards going back to Korea to visit her mother again for two days and then going back to Seoul and rest a little.

For all the time during her break, her phone was on airplane mode.

She didn't want to hear anyone about anything.

Maya was scared to travel alone at first, she always traveled with her members before.

But she was twenty-three now, she was all growned up and she didn't need them for these kind of things, just as much as they didn't need her.

The only thing she uploaded on social media was a video of her in the pool in Cabo, filming her upper body as she clinged on the edge of the pool with a smile, the sun glowing on her honey skin, permed hair even curlier with the water, but she was in Portugal when she uploaded it, not stupid enough to post her location while she was still there.

She immediatly put her phone back on airplane mode with a chuckle, knowing the company would've asked her to take it down.

'It's only titties' She thought, rolling her eyes.

She went to a few clubs, got wasted in Barcelone, met strangers, the alcohol making her much more fluent than she really is, danced, laughed, smiled, visited places, took pictures, ate delicious food, made new friends she sweared to go visit again when she'll have time, shopped a lot, drove through the night blasting music..

But overall, she enjoyed herself.

She threw away the idol image and lived like a normal person in their early-twenties, and that felt extremely good.

She did miss her members at some point, but didn't contacted them, way too busy to think about them more than five minutes.

As expected, the hiatus felt good.

And Maya was happy.

.

.

(A/N)

writing this made me so happy bc MY BABY IS LIVING LIFE AS SHE SHOULD

©ASHLEY