Izzie

I wake up in Casey's arms. My throat feels dry and scratchy, and my whole body aches from sobbing. Casey is asleep, and it is very late.
My mind starts to wonder to the events of today, but I can't let it.

I just can't. I get up, being careful not to wake Casey.

Poor Casey, she must be so confused. I tip toe out of the room, and head to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I try to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake Elsa.

Sam and Mr. Gardner are still in Antártica, but should be returning later this month. At the thought of Mr. Garder my stomach hurts, so I push the thought of him out of my mind.
I head back upstairs, and sneak into the bathroom attached to Sam and Casey's room. I look in the mirror.

My face looks pretty rough from earlier, so I wash it with some cold water before drying my face.

"Hey" I hear Casey say behind me. I jump a little, I didn't hear her come in.
"Hey" I say back in a quiet voice.
Casey looks at me with worry written all over her face, and I pray that she won't ask. Not now, not yet. I know that it's not likely though.
"Izzie.." Casey begins, but I cut her off with a kiss.

Casey kisses me back, and just for a second I forget. She pulls back a little, and it instantly comes flooding back.

"Izzie, talk to me please" Casey's voice is full of concern.
I start to feel burning in the back of my throat, and tears stinging my eyes. I shake my head and blink, trying to stop it.
Casey looks even more concerned, and pulls me into a tight hug.
I feel safe in Casey's arms, I always do. It's the only place I can remember feeling safe, ever.

I take a breath.
"Can I tell you in the morning?" I ask Casey. I hear Casey sigh, and than "Okay baby." I feel her kiss the top of my head.
"What can I do to help you now?" Casey asks me in a quiet voice.

"Just be there. Hold me. Kiss me. Stay with me" I tell her, wanting to do anything but talk about what happened today.
"Okay Iz." I feel slightly relieved, though I dread telling Casey what happened in the morning.