Izzie

Casey and I spend most of Sunday after prom laying in bed and just snuggling. Last night took a lot out of both of us emotionally.

I nuzzle into Casey's side and look at the YouTube video she is watching. Something with three annoying white guys, and a hilarious gay Korean guy. I'm not really paying attention. I sigh dramatically. Casey looks at me, bemused, with one eyebrow raised in question. "I need the attentions." I say pouting. Casey rolls her eyes at me and puts her phone down. "Yes, princess?" She says somewhat sarcastically, as she wraps her arms around me to cuddle closer. "Excuse me, princess? I'm the fuckin' queen babe" I say, feigning as much sass as I possibly can.

Casey laughs, and leans over to kiss me lightly on the nose. "I love so much Iz." She says fondly. "I love you more" I say as I lift my head to muzzle her nose. "Nuh, uh. I love you most." She says, a competitive glint forming in her eyes. "Yeah, well I love you with every inch of my body." I retaliate. Casey snorts loudly, "I mean that's not a lot of inches babe, but I get your point." She says with amusement lighting her eyes. "The fuck you trying to say?" I say in my best attempt at a scary voice. Casey raises her eyebrows. "That you're short." She says completely unapologetically. "Rude" I huff at her.
______
The next day is a rush of eating breakfast and rushing off to her perspective schools. I go though the day in a bit of a daze, I forgot to study for a test and have to skip lunch to study for it, luckily it's the period after lunch because if it had been a morning class, I would have been royally screwed.

After all my classes, Coach has us run extra drills at practice because we have an important meet coming up soon.

After practice, I am starving because I had to study through lunch. Penelope offers to take me home, so I offer to buy us some wings to share. Casey hates spicy food, so I don't get to eat it a ton.

Penelope shares my love for spice, so we split an order of eight mango habanero wings. After we eat, she drops me off at home with a wave. It's still weird thinking of Casey's house as home, but I'm slowly getting accustomed to the idea. I head upstairs and see Casey sitting on the bed. She throws her arms out for me, so I drop my bag and dive into her arms.

She lowers hear head to mine, clearly hoping for a kiss, so I lean in and press my lips to hers, before parting my lips slightly, which Casey takes advantage of by sliding her tongue into my mouth. After a minute Casey jerks her mouth away from mine. Oh...whoops. "Why does my mouth feel like it's on fire?" She gasps, fanning her open mouth with her hand. "I'm sorry love, I got wings with Penelope, I didn't think about it" I say while swallowing my laughter.

Casey shoots me a wounded look before running into the bathroom and sticking her mouth under the faucet. "You have poisoned me, she-witch!" I hear her holler dramatically from the bathroom. At which point I can no longer contain my laughter at the utter ridiculousness of the situation. So I laugh, full belly laughs until tears start to run from my eyes.

Casey comes out of the bathroom, and stands with her hands on her hips glaring at me. This only makes me laugh harder, until I see Casey's lips twitch. Than Casey starts laughing too.

I look up at her and say "It could have been worse, we could have had sex. I didn't even properly wash my hands yet, I just wiped them off with a napkin." I hold up my hand and wiggle my fingers to demonstrate. "Oww. That hurts to imagine." Casey says, sitting beside me and pointedly crossing her legs. That makes me laugh so hard I snort. "Jesus Iz, breathe" Casey says beside me.

It feels really good to laugh though.