Casey

A/N- The next several chapters will be from Casey's POV, so the reader has the same amount of insight into Izzie's state of mind as she does.

My dad and Sam are returning in three short days. I have not been able to get Izzie to do anything for the last two days, and she is starting to scare the shit out of me.

"Izzie, come on eat something" I plead, setting a plate of food on the nightstand beside her.

Izzie blinks at me, her face completely devoid of any emotion, and than rolls over to face the other direction.

"Izzie, love you haven't eaten anything in two days." I can feel my desperation mounting, and start biting my nails.

Izzie is silent. I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if can help her now.

I leave and walk into my mom's bedroom, sitting on the bed beside her, where she is reading a book.

"What's up Casey?" She says as she puts her book down. I feel tears start to well behind my eyes, and try to wipe them as they start to fall.

"Oh Case" I feel my mother say softly as she pulls me into her arms. I cry in her arms, not knowing what else to do.

"I can't help her mom..I want to fix everything so badly. I know she thinks Dad won't let her stay here, and I've told her over and over again that it will be fine." I feel more tears falling into my lap.

"Of course it will be sweetie, I offered Izzie a place to stay and I meant it, Dad will come around" My mom murmurs into my hair.

"I love her so much. I love her more than anything, but she's just so broken right now. I don't know what to do" I feel my tears running down my cheeks faster, I am crying hard and can't seem to stop.

"Casey, all you can do is be there for her. She lost her mother very suddenly, and her mother didn't appreciate what a wonderful person she is. She's grieving and she is angry, and she feels bad for being angry."

"Mom, she won't even eat or get out of bed for the last two days. I'm getting really worried"

Elsa is quiet for awhile. Than she says "Well, we can give her some more time but at a certain point she might need more help than we can give her."

I jerked my head up and stared at her in shock. "You can't kick her out" I say, alarmed.

She shakes her head violently. "No sweetie, I'm saying she may need to go to the hospital for her mental well being, but we wouldn't be kicking her out"

I nodded slowly. Part of me knows that something is very wrong with Izzie right now, but part of me hates the idea of sending her to the coo coo hospital. "We can keep trying first though?" I ask her, my eyes pleading for more time.

"Of course honey. Do you want me to try to get her to eat?" My mom offers.

For once I'm thankful for her offering to help, I nod my head.

I feel my mom get up and walk out of her room. I lay in her bed, and hope she can help Izzie.

Since I can't. I can't help the person I love more than anyone, and I feel useless for it.

I start biting my nails again. I can't help it.