Casey

I roll over, throwing my arm around Izzie. I'm still half asleep, we are snuggled up on Izzie's bottom bunk. We sleep in her bed nearly every night.

Brittany our roommate, legitimately doesn't care. Her response the first time she walked in on us kissing was "Awe ya'll are so cute together. I love me some queer love. I'm pansexual by the way, so at least I don't have to worry about you two being judgmental if I bring hot chicks back here."

I roll closer to Izzie, but wake up fully when I realize I just rolled into something wet on the sheets. I slip out of bed, looking down at the smudged blood on my shorts. Huh, that's like seven days early and way heavier than normal for her.

I quietly take my shorts off and toss them in my hamper. I don't honestly care, I'll just wash them. I realize since Izzie's period is this early, I don't think she has bought any supplies yet. I look at my watch. 4:17 am. The Walgreens just outside of campus is open 24/7 so I pull on a new pair of shorts, before grabbing my keys and wallet.

I creep out of the room quietly, careful not to wake up either Izzie or Brittany. It's Saturday morning, and they both like to sleep in.

I walk out of the dorm building to the student parking area down the road. I get in my car and drive off campus, pulling into the parking lot of Walgreens.

I walk into Walgreens and grab a hand basket. I walk back to feminine hygiene products section and throw what Izzie normally uses into the basket. I wander down the toy aisle, finding a small plush lion that I know will make her smile. I toss it into the basket before walking towards check out. I grab handfuls of random chocolate at the counter, tossing them into my basket.

The cashier looks up at me and smiles. She is around my age, and Latina with curly dark hair, olive skin, and lush lips. "Emergency period run?" She says as she scans three bags of m&ms. I smile, she seems friendly. "Yeah, girlfriend's is a little early this month." I say in a friendly tone. "Aren't you the sweetest?" She says as she holds up the small plush lion in the basket. "That's what I've been told." I say jokingly. I pay once she finishes scanning everything and walk out with a friendly wave.

When I creep back into our dorm room, I hear Izzie groan in pain. She's on her side, with her hands pressed into her lower stomach. I walk quietly behind her, kneeling next to her bed. "Hey." I whisper softly. Izzie rolls over and opens her eyes and looks at me, and whimpers. I reach out to stoke her hair softly. "Early this month, huh?" I say gently, and Izzie nods. "I need a shower." She whispers. "Go get one than." I whisper back. As Izzie gets out of bed slowly, she glances at her sheets and groans. "It's okay. I'll take care of this just get your shower baby." I whisper, and she nods before creeping quietly to get her clothes out of her wall locker. Izzie opens a drawer and groans. "I don't have any.." She starts to whisper. I quietly open the bag and hand her a box. She smiles gratefully before going into the bathroom.

I strip Izzie's bed as quietly as possible. Brittany is generally a relatively heavy sleeper, but I don't feel like testing that. She can be a real grump when she doesn't get her beauty rest. I take off everything including the mattress protecter, which I'm really thankful Elsa insisted on buying us right now. I toss the bedding into a laundry basket I keep under Izzie's bed, and creep out of the room to head to the laundry room. I toss her bedding into the washing machine, setting it to the heaviest cleaning cycle possible. I turn it on and head back up to our dorm room. I take my shoes off, and put them under Izzie's bed. I than grab the bag of goodies I bought Izzie and climb up into my top bunk bed.

A few minutes later the bathroom door opens and Izzie steps out with wet hair, in clean clothes. She puts her dirty clothes in her hamper, and puts the box I bought her away in her wall locker. I gently pat the bed beside me, and she smiles before crawling up gratefully. Once she is laying beside me, I set the Walgreens bag on her stomach. She opens the bag and grins at me. She pulls out the little Lion and positively beams at me, before leaning over to kiss my cheek. "Thank you." She whispers. She looks through the ridiculous amount of chocolate I bought, and snorts lightly. "Thanks." She whispers, clearly amused.  She hangs the bag on the side of the bunkbed so it's out of the way, and snuggles into me, the little lion tucked up underneath her arm.

"I love you." She whispers. "I love you too Iz. Do you want me to rub your belly?" I whisper back. Izzie nods and rolls onto her side so her back is facing me. I wrap my arms around her and gently rub her lower belly, until she drifts off to sleep. I mean to stay awake to be able to go switch over the laundry in an hour, but I find myself falling asleep shortly after.