Gone

Hayes's body was protecting me and I was clutching his right bicep and peaking from behind his shoulder. The foot steps were getting closer, but the voices were unrecognizable. The first person to enter was Zach, and he yelled "Here they are!" Helen and Valentina followed, and then Henry entered the room lastly. I moved from behind Hayes to meet all of them. Valentina started talking to me, "Stephanie, what are you doing here with him?" This felt weird, her tone was nasty and she had never been like this before. I stepped back and all of them had their arms crossed and looking at Hayes and me, except for Henry who was looking down, avoiding my eye contact. 

Hayes looked at Zach, "What is this?" Zach laughed, "What is this? You're in my office, going through my things trying to disrupt our community." I turned to face Hayes and he looked at me as well. We were confused, what was going on? "Zach, what the hell are you talking about, me and Stephanie were not going through your things or trying to 'disrupt the community'!" Helen looked directly at me, "Stephanie, I saw that you packed your things. I know you don't want to be here. And since you already packed your things, this will be easier. You're leaving my mansion and are no longer welcome back." She was completely different. She turned to ice, compared to how lovely she was at the cafe this morning. I was shocked again. "Helen, what? Are you serious?" Valentina seemed disappointed, "Stephanie, I really wanted to like you, but I cannot be around someone who doesn't even like my family or this town." "Valentina, what are you talking about-" Valentina raised her voice as she interrupted me, "You know exactly what I'm talking about! You even said you thought Hayes was a bad person!" Hayes turned to me and he looked upset. I felt tears swell up in my eyes. "Is this true?" Hayes asked me quietly. "No! Of course not, I swear." Zach was grinning. Like he had won. Hayes looked down. "I should have never brought you here, Stephanie." Zach started looking at Hayes, "Where is Danielle?" Hayes seemed furious. Hayes turned to me again, "Did you set me up?" "Hayes, no!" "Well you're the only one who knew about her and the note! Stephanie!" Valentina, chimed in "I bet she did set you up Hayes, she told me tonight that you were sleeping with someone. Was that Danielle?" Hayes looked so angry. "I'm done. I'm so completely fucking done with this. Stephanie don't you ever try to talk to me again. I swear." Hayes walked towards the door and I tried to stop him but I couldn't. He was too mad. Zach stopped him by placing his hand on Hayes's chest, "You're going to tell me where Danielle is sooner or later." Hayes angrily grabbed Zach's hand off of his chest and then left. Helen started talking again, "I cannot believe I let you in my house, as soon as I get back I'm throwing all of your things out and you pick them up by 7am or they're going in the trash. Zach faced me, "Stephanie, I told you not to snoop anymore, but you just couldn't help yourself could you?" I looked at Henry. He must have told them everything I said about Valentina and Helen not remembering anything about the town. "Henry? What did you say?" Henry looked into my eyes, "What? Stephanie. I just told them what you told me. How they didn't remember anything about the town." I felt tears running down my face. Zach was smiling so hard, "See Stephanie, I was right. You wanted to continue to dig up information on us and for what. I don't know, but what I do know is that you are done here." They all started walking out the door, but I managed to grab Henry's arm before he left. "Wait, Henry wait! What happened to you?" He looked sad, which I don't know why, he's the one who betrayed me. "I had to Stephanie, you don't know Zach. Trust me. This is the best thing to happen to you." Henry moved my hand away and walked out the door too. 

I fell to the ground sobbing. How did I manage to screw up my relationships with everyone? How could I been so stupid to trust anyone? And Hayes. He was done with me and I had no clue how to get him back and explain things. I needed to explain things, because I did not set him up. But for now I wanted to cry. I needed to cry. I cried for what felt hours, but I checked my phone it had only been one hour. My phone read 3:21am. I picked myself up from the ground and wiped my tears away. I walked out of the building and headed to the mansion so that I could pick up my luggage. It took me about forty minutes to reach the house. For one I was so exhausted from the partying and then from the words I heard from everyone. My bags were on the ground near the driveway. They had some dirt on them so I swept it off with my hand and sat on my bags for five minutes to catch my breathe. I didn't know where to go from here. I needed to get out of here, but I didn't know if I would be able to leave. I started weeping again. I wanted to be quiet because I didn't want Zach or Helen to hear me and kick me off of their yard. But then I heard another noise. There were leaves crunching in the distance. I thought maybe it would Hayes, but he was too mad to talk to me ever again.