Now What

After we got out of the shower, got dry, and got dressed, we went back to the kitchen to eat. "I know this is the last thing you want to think about, but I'm fine with staying here if you want to." I responded to Hayes, "No. You've given up so much for me already. Your brother tried to kill so I understand if you want us to leave together." He grabbed my hand, "Stephanie, everything I've done has been for the both of us. Wherever you go I will follow. So if you want to stay then I am willing to do that, and happily so." I gave him a smile. I was ready to go find Valentina and Henry! I can't help but feel excited to talk to them and to figure out more about our powers. Although a part of me feels like I'm asking Hayes for too much, especially since he almost died here. I understand exactly why he would leave, but he did say that he would stay for me and happily so. I just hope he doesn't end up resenting me. But I can't think of that now. I called Valentina and told her that we should meet up so that I could tell her that me and Hayes have decided to stay in town, at least for now. 

She sent me the address to her apartment and it was in walking distance. Hayes offered to walk with me since Zach and Damon are on the loose and probably ready to hurt me or Hayes, but I told him that Henry was going to walk with me and that we were gods. Nobody could hurt me now. And I was right. There was a knock on the door and I knew it was Henry ready to pick me up from Hayes's apartment to walk over with me to Valentina's apartment. 

Hayes answered the door. "Hey, Hades. I'm here to pick up Persephone to walk over to Aphrodite's." I could tell that Hayes was staring intensely at Henry because he wasn't responding. "God names, huh?" Henry answered, "Yes... so where is uh- Stephanie?" Hayes promptly replied, "I know that Stephanie is capable of handling anything on her own, but if you or your daddy try anything to bring her harm you will answer to me-" I ran to the down to cool down the situation. "I'm here! I'm here!" I smiled at Hayes and he turned his head so that I could kiss him goodbye on the cheek. I gave him a tiny peck, "Be safe, Stephanie. I love you." "I love you, too" As I was closing the door he yelled out at Henry, "Remember what I said!" 

"Sorry about that," I told Henry as we walked down the stairs of Hayes's apartment. Henry let out a small giggle, "It's okay! I get it. He loooves you. *kissing sounds*" "Hey! Stop!" I jokingly pushed him. "So things between you two are good, I'm assuming." "Yes, but I will talk more about our plans when we get to Valentina's apartment." He nodded. I continued talking, "Anyways what was up with the god names? Would you like to be called Hermes instead of Henry?" "Yes, I would like that. I think Henry doesn't really suit me anymore. It sounds like either a seven year old boy or a really old man that is on the verge of dying." I started laughing, "And Hermes is so much better, right?" "Yes! It's like that french brand that I could've never afforded when I was a mortal working that the dying newspaper industry in New Mount, aka the tiniest town north of New York City." "Fine. Hermes it is!" "Should I call you Persephone?" I shook my shoulders, "I don't think so. I mean it's beautiful and so godly, but my mom, well my other mom, gave me my name and for now I want to keep it as it is." "But she's dead and as you said you are a goddess." "Hermes, I know she's dead, but I just don't want to." "Right. Sorry. But whatever you say, Stephanie." 

We finally reached Valentina's apartment. Henry knocked on the door, "Aphrodite, it's Hermes and Persephone- I mean Stephanie. Open up." I heard foot steps and then she opened the door with a big smile, "Hey! Come in!" Her apartment matched her style perfectly. She had a vintage style pink couch facing a beautiful fire place with a large golden mirror beside it. There were pictures of everyone all over the walls that matched the design. Although there were no traces of Paul, I guess he didn't live with her. "Do you want anything to drink? Or eat?" I shook my head and Henry said no. "So should I call you Aphrodite?" She smiled, "I guess so. Should I call you Persephone?" Before I could answer Hermes answered for me, "Don't get her started. She wants to still be called Stephanie." I rolled my eyes. "Okay... Stephanie, then." She guided us to her room, "Aphrodite, this apartment is so perfect!" I said. "Thank you!" 

We walked into her room and her bed had a large canopy on top and a matching set of furniture for the whole room including two bed side tables and vanity table with bright lights around the mirror like pageants have. The vanity table had a white feathered chair underneath and so many perfumes on top of it. As I walked closer in I could see she had one picture of herself with Paul on one of the bed side tables. There was also a large suitcase open on her bed half way full. Hermes went to sit on the feathered chair as Aphrodite keep packing. "Stephanie, you can sit on the bed, if you'd like. I have to finish packing." "Are you going on a trip with Paul or something?" I asked. She laughed, "No silly! We're going back to Mount Olympus." Now I wanted to laugh. "Wait. What?" She looked puzzled "Did anyone tell you?" "Does it look like someone told me?" 

Hayes Perspective :

Once Stephanie left, honestly I wanted to be left alone. I didn't want Stephanie to see me the way I had broken down like last night ever again. Not because I don't want to continue to be open to her but because it scares me to see me that way. For so long I've never trusted anyone as much as I trusted Danielle and when I found out she was a traitor, it broke my heart, she was the only one I was ever vulnerable to. I trust Stephanie so much, but I still feel odd whenever I express my emotions, even to her, the love of my life. 

I decided I needed to walk in the gardens where me and Stephanie had our first date. I thought of that moment and I teleported straight to the gardens. Luckily, there was nobody there. Or so I thought. 

As I walked towards the bench where Stephanie and I had sat at, there was a large winged figured dressed in all black pacing towards me. There was a distant memory of the thing when I was in the underworld, but I couldn't quite remember. The man in all black approached. "My King." He spoke confidently. "Who are you- wait Thanatos? Is that you? What are you doing here? How did you get here?" "My King, I come up here to retrieve humans back to our realm, but that is not the reason I am here now. I got word from Hecate that you and Persephone had reunited and had gotten your memories back, but I fear that by your reaction that she may be mistaken."  I shook my head, "No. No. I remember, but everything has blurred together." "Marvelous. Then why don't you and the queen rejoin us? We really need you back. That is why I am here. The underworld has been suffering since you have been gone." "What do you mean suffering?" He looked concerned, "How do you think a kingdom handles the loss of its king and queen? Charon, Hecate, and I have had our hands full these past years. And we need you back. Please, my King."