One Last Time

Aphrodite's makeup matched perfectly with her blushing pink, formfitting satin gown. Her cheekbones were highlighted with a deep rose blush and her eyes were sparkling with glitter from her eyeshadow. Aphrodite walked over to me, "Are you ready to teleport?" I nodded. She grabbed my hand and we teleported right to the dining table. 

I was in shock of how beautifully the table was decorated. The dining table was secluded and away from any other palace, with a view of the clear lake in the distance. The moon was full and bright, reflecting in the lake. Above the table, there was a rustic wooden arbor decorated with vines, roses, and twinkling lights. On the table, there were tall lit candles and various types of wine, and plates already set out with name place cards set on top of them. It was all so beautiful. "Aphrodite- I love this! Did you do all of this?" "I picked out most of the decor, but Hephaestus, Hermes and Dionysus helped out." I started giggling, "Hermes? Really?" Aphrodite offered up a smile as she held back her laugh, "Yes! He's actually quite strong!" We both laughed. "Glad my hidden strength could make you laugh, Persephy!" Hermes joined us in a stunning blue suit. Aphrodite and I jogged as best as we could in our heels towards Hermes, who was accompanied by Dionysus. "Have I told you how much those nicknames annoy me?" I told Hermes as I welcomed him with a hug. "You're going to have to get used to them!" Hermes responded. Dionysus walked with us over to the table so we could get started on drinking the wines he had set out for us. "Where is everyone else?" Dionysus said as he poured our drinks. Right as those words left his mouth, Apollo, Artemis, and Athena teleported to the table. "Right here, D!" Artemis yelled out. As everyone was mingling, I whispered to Aphrodite, "Where are our boys?" The goddess of love shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, but now I can finally complain about Hephaestus being the one who is always late." Then Aphrodite grabbed my hand, "Are you happy?" It caught me off guard, especially since everyone else with laughing and having fun drinking. I squeezed her hand, "I am. For the first time in a long time." She smiled, as did I. Then Aphrodite pointed her head up, "Look!" 

I turned around to see what she was talking about, and there he was. Hades. He was walking towards me, parting ways from Hephaestus who was heading towards Aphrodite. Hades looked dreamy. His suit was all black which paired perfectly with the smokey magic that always followed him. His hair was slicked back in a bun, like the first day we met. I think I fell in love with him all over again. Or maybe the love I had for him had never left in the first place. As he got closer I could see his eyes were rimmed in black kohl eyeliner. It made his amber eyes pop even more. He offered out his hand so that I would take it, which I did, but I just pulled him into my body. "Whoa!" I hugged him tightly, as he gently caressed my back. He nestled his head into the nape of my neck, "You so look sexy in that dress." "You don't look so bad yourself." Then Hades slowly licked my neck which sent shivers down my spine, "Stop that! You're going to make me want to miss the dinner party if you keep doing that!" He gave me a peck on the neck and let go of me, "I love you so much, Persephone." "I love you too, Hades." 

We all sat at the table. Hades and I at the heads of the table, Aphrodite on my right, Hephaestus beside Aphrodite, and Dionysus on Hades's left and beside Hephaestus. Hermes on my left, with Apollo beside Hermes, Artemis beside Apollo, and Athena on Hades's right and beside Artemis. As we ate, we laughed, talked, discussed, and had fun like an actual family. I loved it. It was perfect.

Once everyone was just about drunk, Hermes raised his glass, "I have something to say!" We all raised our glasses as he kept talking, "I never thought that Hades was going to let go of his bachelor ways," I raised an eyebrow as I looked at Hades who desperately trying to avoid my eye contact, "And then this woman came along. Persephone! I'm sorry we were such jerks at the beginning, but that's not important. What is important was that you literally saved us! You reminded us of our true selves. And I thank you! You baddie!" Yeah he was completely drunk. I didn't even know that he knew what baddie meant. "Cheers!" Everyone cheered! Once Hermes sat down again, he looked at me. "Persephone I really want to talk to you." I looked at Hades and reassured him I was going to be fine. "Sure." Hermes grabbed my hand and we walked towards the lake. 

Hades Perspective: 

Once Persephone had gone with Hermes to talk, I stopped everyone else from talking. Hephaestus turned to Aphrodite and then looked at everyone else, "Hades has something he needs to say." I stood up at the table, "I'm going to propose to Persephone tonight, that's why Hephaestus and I were late, he was helping me with her ring." Everyone was speechless. Until Aphrodite ran over to me and hugged me like never before. "I'm so happy for you two!" Everyone raised their glasses!

Persephone's Perspective: 

Hermes stopped in front of me once we reached the lake, "Hermes, what is this about?" Hermes was never one to express his feelings. It was always a joke with him, but I could see tears forming in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his slender body, "Hermes, what's wrong? Talk to me." He wiped his tears away and I let go of him, "Persephone, you are my best friend. And what I said out there doesn't even cover half of what I wanted to say. I am so glad that I met you- Thank you for giving me a second chance all that time ago...What I'm trying to say is that I want you to be so happy because you deserve it." I hugged Hermes tightly, "Thank you for that. I'm going to miss you." 

Hermes walked back over to the table, but now the table was gone as was everyone else except for Hades. Instead of a table there was a red carpet and candles surrounding  all of it. I turned in confusion to Hermes, who smirked and walked away. I turned to face Hades again, "Hades what's going on?" Hades stayed silent, but he grabbed my hand as he got down on one knee. He was proposing to me?! I was already feeling the tears forming in my eyes. "Persephone, the second I saw you, I knew that I was going to love you forever. And then you enchanted me with your exquisite mind, which made me realize that in all of years of living, you are the best thing that I has ever happened to me. We have been apart for centuries, but I finally found you in this lifetime. And now I want to make you feel the same for the rest of time. Will you do me the incredible honor of allowing me to become your husband? Your best friend? To reign with me? To marry me? To finally become my wife?" "Yes! Of course! I love you!" Hades placed the most perfect ring on my finger. It was white gold vintage raspberry red engagement ring. I loved it so much. Hades got up and picked me up as he spun around with me in his arms. Once he put me down, we kissed. Our tongues intertwining, and our hands exploring each other's bodies. In the near distance, I could hear a harp playing a soothing tune. I knew it was Apollo. And if Apollo was near so was everyone else. I look behind Hades's shoulders to find Aphrodite and Hermes smiling. I gestured them to come. They all came running and hugged Hades and me! I finally had everything I had ever wanted. My heart and soul were full. "Congratulations!" They all yelled out.