ENCOUNTER

CHAPTER- 1
ENCOUNTER

"Marry me?"

I stared down at Liam on his knees with a gold band in a red velvet box. He looked up at me with brown eyes full of love and most nervous expression I had ever seen on him.

The cold wind blew and I shivered but I couldn't digest that Liam was proposing me.

That he was proposing marriage out of the blue.

Butterflies flew in my stomach and I couldn't stifle a sob that broke through me.

"Please don't say no, Stella. I know we talked about going slow but-"

"Yes," I blurted.

"What?" He whispered.

"Yes, I'll marry you, stupid. Why did you even think I'd say no?" I laughed and sobbed at the same time.

Liam broke into a laugh as well as he hauled me into his arms and smacked a kiss on my mouth. He then slid the gold band on my finger as he pressed kisses all over my face.

The ring was perfect.

Liam was perfect.

We'd been dating since high school. For seven year exactly. Liam was the most beautiful man I'd ever laid eyes on. His blonde hair swepted on his forehead, his brown eyes always warm. His chiseled jaw was covered in a stubble nowadays. He wasn't very bulky but lean but that didn't mean he wasn't muscular.

But most of all, Liam had supported me through every phase of my life. He was with me when dad died because of lung cancer when I was only seventeen. He was with me when I decided to get a degree in photography instead of becoming a doctor like mom wanted me to. I was an only child so mom wanted me to follow her footsteps but I really wasn't interested in science. And at last, Liam helped me setting up my own gallery three months back.

Unlike me, Liam had decided to study law and he had already got a job. We had bought an apartment together when I decided to move in with him.

Mom wasn't opposed to the idea but she still didn't like that I was living away from her.

I was twenty-two for God's sake.

But anyways, my life was like a fairytale now. I had my dream life for which I had worked hard for.

"Love you, babe," Liam pressed a kiss on my lips.

"Love you, too." I smiled.

Shit. I was engaged.

Freaking engaged.

I had to tell mom. And Greer. And Layla.

I quickly grabbed my phone.

Me : I'm engaged!!!!!

Layla : No shit, girl.

Greer : Liam proposed? When?

Me : Right now. We were just going to grab lunch when he proposed all of a sudden.