IS HE REAL?

CHAPTER-7
IS HE REAL?

To my surprise, Christian didn't lock me in his room again. Instead, he let me spend my time in the library. I was glad.

I was already frustrated that my first plan was of no use and I didn't know how to escape anymore. Was no one looking for me? Had they really accepted that I had left on my own?

I shook my head.

No.

Liam must be looking for me. He'd never let me go over a letter. He'd want answers from myself.

"It's snowing."

I jumped up abruptly, my hand over my heart. I looked up to watch Christian looming over me. "You scared the hell out of me."

He blinked, as if surprised. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. And what did you just say?"

"It's snowing." He repeated.

I laughed. "In case you don't know, it doesn't snow in September, Christian."

He stepped closer. "Well, now it does."

I gaped at him. "The weather doesn't change all of a sudden. Last I checked, it was raining. Rain can't turn into snow."

He shook his head. "It is snowing. Let me show you." He offered me his palm.

I gave him a look you've gone mad as I took his hand and he led me to the floor to ceiling window in the library.

And, indeed, it was snowing.

I touched the glass as I watched the small snowflakes falling down and the whole garden was covered in a thin layer of snow.

This couldn't be real.

It didn't snow in September.

It wasn't possi—

I turned to him. "How'd you do it?"

He shrugged. "I Googled it. It is possible to make snow with a pressure washer."

I stared at him. "But...why?"

His scowl came out to play. "Because you said you like snow better than rain. Don't you like it?"

My gaze widened, horrified. "You...did it for...me?"

He arched his brow. "Yes. Who else would I do it for?"

Christ. He made snow in September because I said I liked it? He did all this for me?

"You don't like it?" He whispered.

And when I took a good look at him, I saw it. The same expression he had when he asked if I liked the library or not. Nerves.

Last time when I insulted his gift, he deflated like a balloon and I didn't know why but I didn't like it. And this time...

"I like it."

His whole face lightened up and he beamed at me. "You do? I wasn't sure you would. Because it's not real snow and I thought—"

"Christian, it's beautiful. I...thank you."

He blinked at me, looking surprised again. As if he'd heard the word for the first time.

"You're welcome."

I looked back out and the snow was still falling, covering the trees and the fence and the grass. "And now you can stop this."

"Sure?"